What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thought was to add a piece of neoprene hose when draining the oil…..even if I need to spring clamp it on. Should be a zero mess solution.
The only issue is there is not much to clamp to. Nipple is shorter than appropriate size hose clamp. Spring is probably a much better option. I finally zip tied a hose on and just leave it on the skid plate until service.

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
Had the rear diff completely rebuilt yesterday. New bearings, gears and seals. The differential shop said the carrier bearing was near gone allowing the gears to move side to side. I didn't realize how much noise it was producing until I had it repaired. Truck is near silent now. The shop installed a PML cover that adds another .5 quart of fluid.

Also installed the RCI diff skid however I had to modify the cover and skid as the cover is much larger than stock. Got it all to work eventually.

unnamed.jpg

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score