What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live in the Eastern Panhandle right now, just north of Winchester ,Va.
Went over the Davis/ Thomas Blackwater Falls area today. Lots of exploring to be done over that way. It’s the overlanding Mecca in WV now. Tons of back road trails.
Interesting... I may have to go explore this area. Been wanting to do the road in New River Gorge area as well. I live in NJ but it really isn't that far from here.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I may have to go explore this area. Been wanting to do the road in New River Gorge area as well. I live in NJ but it really isn't that far from here.
Watch You tube. Key words, Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks, Spruce Knob, Canaan Loop. I’m not sure how people are navigating. There is almost no cell service. Apple and Google maps are no help. I have OnX, but by my own admission, I’m a tech idiot.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch You tube. Key words, Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks, Spruce Knob, Canaan Loop. I’m not sure how people are navigating. There is almost no cell service. Apple and Google maps are no help. I have OnX, but by my own admission, I’m a tech idiot.

I saw some of these trails on Trails Offroad app as well. I have both that and OnX as well as Gaia.

Back on Topic, haven't touched the truck today, but plan to take off my XL sports and have them upgraded to XL80s at some point, they can upgrade the motherboard at BD HQ. Not bad either price wise. 90 a light.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the rack installed. Stripped out one bed bolt but finally had my first successful ez out ever. Badlands jack fits great in the Barnes 4wd mount. View attachment 429629View attachment 429630View attachment 429631
If I can make a suggestion, as I have basically the same rack from RPG, minus the shock mounts (if that’s what they are?).

You might want to think about cutting off the 4 upper loops. First run in Baja I couldn’t keep my straps tight, and my tires were constantly loose. Combination of not enough room to ratchet, and a very small contact patch (the 2 loops per side).

I wound up cutting the loops off, a little black spray paint, then looping the straps around the bar, and getting rid of the top ratchets. Works fantastic now! No more loose tires! Entire bar is now the contact patch. I run 37s though, so if you’re running 35s, might work.

Once again, just a suggestion.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought there was something wrong with my front differential or something. The tires felt like they were locking and sliding moving around a parking lot and backing into my driveway. Once I parked I realized I had it in 4H not 4A. :buttkick:

Brocephusmax

Reaction score
If I can make a suggestion, as I have basically the same rack from RPG, minus the shock mounts (if that’s what they are?).

You might want to think about cutting off the 4 upper loops. First run in Baja I couldn’t keep my straps tight, and my tires were constantly loose. Combination of not enough room to ratchet, and a very small contact patch (the 2 loops per side).

I wound up cutting the loops off, a little black spray paint, then looping the straps around the bar, and getting rid of the top ratchets. Works fantastic now! No more loose tires! Entire bar is now the contact patch. I run 37s though, so if you’re running 35s, might work.

Once again, just a suggestion.
Yep. Those are the mounts for bypasses thru the bed. What straps were you using? I just ordered some of the Y straps from Alpine Offroad that are supposed to have hooks made to work with the RPG rack so hopefully those work okay.