What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it works great I wanted something low profile how ever the brackets suck so I repurposed some other Ridgid brackets to use on it. It’s from F150led’s
IMG_4175.png

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big ass day of cleaning after Baja.
Ok Matt what’s the word on the Wilwood’s? Also what size fronts did you go with and did you use their rear brakes also? Thanks and the truck looks great I’m doing mine this next week after the hopefully rainy week!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I moved the front license plate from center covering the CAC inlet to the right side. Just screwed it right to the plastic panel. Looks odd, but I’ll see if it makes any difference.
Well, the data is in on the license plate move. The MAT (manifold air temp) consistently runs ~10 degF cooler than before with the plate blocking air flow.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Matt what’s the word on the Wilwood’s? Also what size fronts did you go with and did you use their rear brakes also? Thanks and the truck looks great I’m doing mine this next week after the hopefully rainy week!
Wilwoods are fantastic.

Buddy with the R1 kit thinks I have better stopping power.

I only have the fronts currently. R1 lads and rotors in the back.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going with the R1 big brake kit through Evil Manufacturing but all I’m hearing now from guys that have gone that route is it’s more expensive than the Wilwood’s and the pads are noisy and squeak bad. Like you also mentioned the stopping is less than expected. I’m thinking of the 15.50” rotors up front and the 14.50” on the rears. Thanks for the info and making the decision easier.

petrolhead

Reaction score
Do the lights on the raptor get stolen all the time? ( new owner here )
Yeah apparently it only takes a few minutes for a thief to pop open the tailgate and remove them. It seems fairly common especially here in Texas where I know a few people with F150’s that have had them stolen. They are a few grand with the BLIS modules from the dealer.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new plate finally came in from the Sec of State. Took them over a month. :rolleyes:

image_50422529.JPG

Michigan prisoner-made quality takes time, I guess! Shout out to the fellas at Gus Harrison Correctional Facility in Adrian, MI! Nice job, boys! :High 5:

Last edited: