What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want a slightly used CRP stage 4 turbo? Thats what I've been doing to mine the last couple of days. So many scuffed knuckles. Its always something with this damn truck!! Money pit!
Yeah I’ll take it that looks like it will buff right out! Glad you got it replaced, that’s a “bitch” to get to!

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My garage door opener malfunctioned and did not open all the way the other day. I just backed out and then hit the top of the cab and put some deep scratches in the roof. Dang that hurts. It also pissed me off that you could see it from the back.

1681587822928.png

I had some black matte wrap lying around and thought I would try to see what adding a racing stripe to the roof would look like.... Not bad. But I might have to take it off and clean up the roof and redo it...

1681587925448.png

Well it looks better now. Gives me time to think about what the permanent solution will be. I am afraid what the body shop will price it out to fix. And it is a part of the truck that no one really sees. Maybe I will add some filler, sand it smooth, put a new stripe on, call it good. Maybe carry the stripe to the front roof?

1681587982705.png

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone want a slightly used CRP stage 4 turbo? Thats what I've been doing to mine the last couple of days. So many scuffed knuckles. Its always something with this damn truck!! Money pit!
That thing wasn't at idle when it let go, wow seen quite a few turbo melt downs, never seen one try and make its own exit hole.
Yes not the easiest. Have you done it?
Done quite a few, they ain't bad in the whole vehicle repair world context. Much much worse jobs out there.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing wasn't at idle when it let go, wow seen quite a few turbo melt downs, never seen one try and make its own exit hole.

Done quite a few, they ain't bad in the whole vehicle repair world context. Much much worse jobs out there.
You are correct. When I heard it let go I was letting her eat.
I have both turbos out, my question is when putting the new turbos in do you make up the coolant lines to turbos then loosely hang turbo, Then make up coolant lines to block?
And leave both ends of both oil lines to after turbos is loosely hung since they are easier to get too?
Drivers side seems easier than passenger side.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct. When I heard it let go I was letting her eat.
I have both turbos out, my question is when putting the new turbos in do you make up the coolant lines to turbos then loosely hang turbo, Then make up coolant lines to block?
And leave both ends of both oil lines to after turbos is loosely hung since they are easier to get too?
Drivers side seems easier than passenger side.
what year is yours? looked at pictures and couldn't tell (still asleep a little so if I missed it my apologizes)