What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
The aftermarket has a drain plug so you don't HAVE to drop the cover to change fluid (my reason). And I'm not certain with this rear end but in others a stronger stiffer cover can help keep the gears aligned under extreme circumstances by stiffening the housing. However, I've not been messing with Fords enough to know whether that's true in this case.

what's the recommended increments to change the fluid? I've been holding off on this mod until i had to do the diff oil change since it makes the most sense to do it all at once.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont recall exactly but it was something ridiculously long in the opinion of an old monkey who’s been on the end of a wrench for over 35 years. I just swapped mine early which is a practice that’s stuck with me over the years. I’m sure overkill in these days of super synthetic oils and all.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing step by step another frame /underneath paint protection bcs the original is joke, some parts have no protection and are rusty out of factory... My truck is almost new only 10 000 miles ansd I want to keep it rust free as long as possible, I tolerate body scratch, but not rust !!!
Look how it's a plaisure to see a clean rear axle ! To be continued...
Smart man. My dumb @zz went off road multiple times, left the mud there for months, then decided to care.

Long story short: Surface rust on my undercarriage. FordTechOne suggested Por-15 and that's what I did. It's holding up well. Don't get it in your hair

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not. A. Thing. Not a stinkin' @#$%&* thing. I was supposed to be on my way to Yosemite Nat' Park for 5 days/4 nights, but yesterday afternoon, the owners of the RV I'd arranged to rent (a 'brand new' Airstream), informed me there was a problem with the water system, and they were scrambling to find an on-call technician to come out to try to repair it. You can imagine how well that worked out. Called me around 10pm to let me now I could still have the trailer, at a reduced daily rate, but with no water service. So basically a rolling tent on wheels. So much for trying the 'Airstram Experience'. Nixed that idea. I"m not opposed to tent-camping, done plenty of it. But thinking of buying a travel trailer in the next few years and want to try out a few different lines to see what I like/don't like, etc. Getting a full refund on my rental fees, but missing out on Yosemite...Thanks for letting me vent.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed the Raptor….getting ready to take it in to my PPF guy to apply more film, got a rock chip on the rear quarter panel up high. Had the truck for two years since new, never before got rock chips in this location before. Bought Dr ColorChip to repair the chip before taking it in tomorrow to my PPF guy. I’m extremely impressed with this project. Highly recommend it for anyone needing to fill paint chips.

Attachments

• 35897B9E-8A78-44AD-8B89-D646EA741430.jpeg
    35897B9E-8A78-44AD-8B89-D646EA741430.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 61BA9BD8-BB8D-4ECD-9AB5-6E7AFCE33111.jpeg
    61BA9BD8-BB8D-4ECD-9AB5-6E7AFCE33111.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 8F2BFD5B-C0BF-4678-96E1-C8CEAC9D6746.jpeg
    8F2BFD5B-C0BF-4678-96E1-C8CEAC9D6746.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 3652FBC7-B346-462B-AD54-E775B3940100.jpeg
    3652FBC7-B346-462B-AD54-E775B3940100.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 49

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washed the Raptor….getting ready to take it in to my PPF guy to apply more film, got a rock chip on the rear quarter panel up high. Had the truck for two years since new, never before got rock chips in this location before. Bought Dr ColorChip to repair the chip before taking it in tomorrow to my PPF guy. I’m extremely impressed with this project. Highly recommend it for anyone needing to fill paint chips.
Thanks for the recommendation, I have one on my hood above my light that is driving me nuts