What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...Today, I did an intentional downgrade. Flashed my Goosetuned 87 Octane tune over my Goosetuned 93/WMI custom tune to take advantage of these wonderful gas prices :)...Keep it under $200 on the fill up!
Not sure I'd do the same but I am actually curious, how does the 87 Goosetune compare to the stock 93 tune?

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'd do the same but I am actually curious, how does the 87 Goosetune compare to the stock 93 tune?
Hi...

Good question. Mine was tuned also using the Water Methanol spray, so similar to the alcohol set-ups and very quick! Besides the ability to get 87 Octane, my assumption is/was that with that 87 tune, it may get better gas mileage as well (I run my son all over the state for baseball and do not need it race ready to drive on the Interstate).

There is a very noticeable (not in a good way!) difference in performance. You can definitely feel it is much slower.

Hope that answers your question. (and to be clear...The comparison is between the custom 93 Octane and WMI Goosetune, relative to the basic 87 Octane Goosetune...Guessing there is a lot less timing and boost given the potential knock?)

DC

Last edited: