What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate that the Raptor is a third vehicle for us, plus we work from home so it hasn't moved in a couple days anyway. I don't mind it sitting at thier lot for a few days.

Here’s what happened to my Raptor while sitting at the dealer waiting for parts……
soo very sorry. I hate thieves. Is the dealership going to take care of you?

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soo very sorry. I hate thieves. Is the dealership going to take care of you?

The dealership sort of took care of it for me. My insurance paid for the wheels and tires ($11,500 repair bill) but the dealership absorbed my $1,000 deductible, as well as the $400 or so in betterment I was supposed to pay for the new tires.

I think gr8scott_0, whose post I was originally responding to, is taking a great risk by leaving his truck at the dealership for a few days waiting for parts. In hindsight, I regret not having picked up my truck and then taken it back when the parts were in. It was certainly sickening to see my Raptor sitting on cement blocks.

woundflatout

Reaction score
Moved my spare tire out from under the bed, into the bed.

Anyone that has done this, what do you do with the winch cable? I tried tightening it up all the way, but it clanks around under there...IMG_20211007_145230.jpg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Moved my spare tire out from under the bed, into the bed.

Anyone that has done this, what do you do with the winch cable? I tried tightening it up all the way, but it clanks around under there...View attachment 329192
@woundflatout Remove it. The winch cable assembly only takes 2 screws to remove and the security cable is one bolt on the back bumper.