What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had nearly the same front end damage on my truck. Except my “cow” was in a Honda oddesy. It’s amazing how the headlight evaporates. There’s nothing left. I was lucky not to brake any clips on the grill.
Whoever you take it to they’re going to have a hard time color matching that bumper wing. It’s a matteish finish that needs the whole bumper resprayed/blended. I ended up buying a “new” take off on eBay. It was perfect and 1/2 the price I paid for a new “oem” replacement.
Good luck with the repair. It sucks but every once in a while we zig when we should of zagged.
I'll have to remember that if my bumper ever gets taken out. I wouldn't have thought about how many take offs could be floating around.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dropped it off for an oil change/tire rotation, mentioned to the service guy I just started to hear "the rattle" at 52k, he said let's just get it done.

So now without my truck for a couple weeks.

Mine just got done last week. Dropped off Tuesday night, picked her up Saturday morning. It also possible, but unlikely, the software updated will fix the problem without repair. Not the case for me.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just got done last week. Dropped off Tuesday night, picked her up Saturday morning. It also possible, but unlikely, the software updated will fix the problem without repair. Not the case for me.
Software update was done a few weeks ago, rattle developed post update. I consider that incidental, not causal.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off for an oil change/tire rotation, mentioned to the service guy I just started to hear "the rattle" at 52k, he said let's just get it done.

So now without my truck for a couple weeks.
tell them to order the parts and then call you when they come in. No need for your truck to be sitting in their lot while parts come in

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell them to order the parts and then call you when they come in. No need for your truck to be sitting in their lot while parts come in
I'm fortunate that the Raptor is a third vehicle for us, plus we work from home so it hasn't moved in a couple days anyway. I don't mind it sitting at thier lot for a few days.

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate that the Raptor is a third vehicle for us, plus we work from home so it hasn't moved in a couple days anyway. I don't mind it sitting at thier lot for a few days.

Here’s what happened to my Raptor while sitting at the dealer waiting for parts……

Attachments

• 890919CE-C664-46F2-8098-099468AE3F38.jpeg
    890919CE-C664-46F2-8098-099468AE3F38.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is horrible man. I once had someone throw a pallet threw my front windshield. Hurting for you as well.