What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used all purpose cleaner to clean out the dust. Crack the sunroof and clean the rear portions of the rubber and crevices using a rag with all purpose cleaner and a microfiber. I used a putty knife for getting hard to reach places. Then bring the sunroof back to do the front. Then I took a rag and sprayed some WD40 on it and went around the rubber seal real good with it until it was nice and slick and gave it a wipe so that it won't gunk up. Clean off the front wind deflector. Add some grease on the factory grease points on the rail. No more rattles.

Thanks, I will probably do this after my beach trip. And to ensure there are no hidden bugs.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will probably do this after my beach trip. And to ensure there are no hidden bugs.
Here's the TSB from Ford that includes part numbers with procedure and photos. I do this procedure with these parts about every 4 months. So far, no rattles. Note that the weatherstrip lube it specifies is expensive, but it appears it will last me about 3 years at this rate. The Krytox grease it specifies is also expensive, but my Raptor will be dead and gone to the junkyard before I use all of that tube.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Here's the TSB from Ford that includes part numbers with procedure and photos. I do this procedure with these parts about every 4 months. So far, no rattles. Note that the weatherstrip lube it specifies is expensive, but it appears it will last me about 3 years at this rate. The Krytox grease it specifies is also expensive, but my Raptor will be dead and gone to the junkyard before I use all of that tube.

I need to pick up some of that. I am going to see how long just WD40 lasts.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to pick up some of that. I am going to see how long just WD40 lasts.
WD-40 is a much better solvent than lubricant, so I would be suspect of its ability to lube the particular type of rubber on weatherstripping. However, I also suspect it cleaned all the dirt from the interface very well, and that is generally the source of the rattle if I understand it correctly. Now that the interface is clean, you could just use a credit card and a thin rag to apply weatherstrip lube all the way around the seal.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
WD-40 is a much better solvent than lubricant, so I would be suspect of its ability to lube the particular type of rubber on weatherstripping. However, I also suspect it cleaned all the dirt from the interface very well, and that is generally the source of the rattle if I understand it correctly. Now that the interface is clean, you could just use a credit card and a thin rag to apply weatherstrip lube all the way around the seal.
Yeah it was all I had on my shelf besides the 3-1 oil I use on door hinges and of course gun oil. Got some slide grease as well…wonder how good that will work.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was all I had on my shelf besides the 3-1 oil I use on door hinges and of course gun oil. Got some slide grease as well…wonder how good that will work.
Amazon can have it at your house this weekend. Just use the right stuff and you don't have to wonder.