What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to start doing the oil changes myself because it started getting to be a pain to get into the dealer without spending all day. My 12qts of Amsoil and Oil Filters showed up today along with my Fumoto oil plug valve. Going to do it tomorrow let the fun begin.

View attachment 165089

Is Amsoil supposed to be the best synthetic oil out there? I keep hearing about it but have always gone with Mobil1 due to it being available everywhere. Should I switch?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I ever read and all the debates and scientific analysis always came back to yes. The amsoil oil filter are 99% efficient at 20 microns and all the other are 99% at 30 microns (even motor craft 500S. I always thought you couldn’t buy direct from amsoil but you can and if you sign up to be a preferred customer ($20) a year you get 25% off all orders. It cost me $153 for 12qts and 2 filters so not to much over what the dealer charges but got good stuff.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is Amsoil supposed to be the best synthetic oil out there? I keep hearing about it but have always gone with Mobil1 due to it being available everywhere. Should I switch?

Try it. I did a used oil analysis and it works for my needs.

I haven’t run M1 in my vehicles for 10 years + but I’ve always heard good words about it.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Decided to start doing the oil changes myself because it started getting to be a pain to get into the dealer without spending all day. My 12qts of Amsoil and Oil Filters showed up today along with my Fumoto oil plug valve. Going to do it tomorrow let the fun begin.

View attachment 165089

The last time I went to get an oil change at the dealer, I was in the waiting room saying to myself, “WTF is taking these guys so long???” That’s was 20 + years ago.

Too much process to do an oil change at the dealer. Sure it’s work for me but it’s pretty satisfying.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time I went to get an oil change at the dealer, I was in the waiting room saying to myself, “WTF is taking these guys so long???” That’s was 20 + years ago.

Too much process to do an oil change at the dealer. Sure it’s work for me but it’s pretty satisfying.

I feel a oil change on a Gen2 is a good bonding experience with the truck.

Last edited: