What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I did paint em. One of my favorite little mods cuz as far as I know, I made up the mod but it’s here to share. Not that expensive but requires a little patience between coats of paint and then clear coat. It looks and feels as if it is painted directly on to the running board. Just need to find the paint color that either matches or accents your beast as you want.
@Troutrad There have been a few folks powdercoat/paint or strip the beadlock beauty rings. Looks good but definitely didn’t invent it.

Edit: Thanks @NASSTY Clearly overlooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Father in law like my ceramic coated truck that he asked I do his as well. Strip wash, CarPro Iron X, Adams claybar,Sonax Perfect Finish with Rupes yellow pad followed by CQuartz 3.0 Ceramic Coat and some Reload to finish. Also did the plastics with CarPro Dlux. Still haven't figured out how much to charge him [emoji15]4b1f1c773f5245d9a36913332c6fe7d0.jpge333fe7bb66d8a3fad3d1834878c7d70.jpg3a4ae4f61c31082147159ef4c568f96c.jpg

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Looks good. My understanding with any Ceramic coating, is, the Ceramic coating needs time to cure, first under heat lamps, then there should be a 1-2 week waiting time before washing or applying any other products. At least that is what the company that installed my Ceramic Coating told me. Just tonight I’d share

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Yes more or less. Not going to wash it so it cures, but CarPro Reload is a top coat that is part of the kit and it's part of the process. Thanks for the compliments. If I had more time I can detail for days. I really like it.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes more or less. Not going to wash it so it cures, but CarPro Reload is a top coat that is part of the kit and it's part of the process. Thanks for the compliments. If I had more time I can detail for days. I really like it.

Was the CQuartz 3.0 Ceramic difficult to work with? I don’t have the confidence to apply myself, although I would love to save the $$$ next time and try it myself.