What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very small items but much needed, replaced the air filter and cabin filter after a little over 21k miles. Wow they were disgusting! I won't wait that long again. Next will probably be spark plugs and fuel filter(s) at some point in the next month or two.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left mine as was since directions never mentioned it. Once installed found it moved around at higher speeds. Going to try trimming it back tomorrow.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was it painting the rear tow hooks?

Very easy. I used the G2 brake caliper paint (cheapest is at Stage 3 Motorsports - $37). Did the tow hooks at the same time I did the brake calipers. All I did was clean them well then finish with isopropyl alcohol and let dry. Mask off and brush paint. If doing the brake calipers at the same time, I’d buy two sets of the paint so you can do one set of calipers at a time. I’d also suggest getting some extra brushes as the ones that come with the kit get pretty bushy and hard to do fine detail work...probably buy a brush per caliper.

The tow hooks will need at least 2 coats, 3 is better. Just do a light first coat. Follow instructions on the caliper paint.

In another thread, someone said it wasn’t hard to remove tow hooks and paint them separately. The pic of one forum member turned out great. But, it is pretty easy to do a good job without removing them with the G2 paint. It’s self leveling so turns out pretty smooth.820A43B7-0640-400F-9C8D-ACE14EE0EEF0.jpeg91BBBD25-EDAB-4054-B218-59E1167147C5.jpeg