What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! That’s too much rust I haven’t seen that amount of rust on a new rig. If it was me I would definitely visit my dealer and ask for a new part with frankly speaking being very firm about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreeeeed

My 2017 doesnt have this much rust and we live on the coast and its routinely warm here

recipe for rust

trailers that arent painted or galvanized fully rust in 6 months

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the easiest solution to undercarriage rust is to not look. It would probably drive me crazy if I saw it. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great and very satisfying mod are the Eibach springs. You can pick them up on sale for about $203 from Nick at Apollo Optics or Neo Garage (but last I heard they ran out of em). Install will cost because also will get alignment...probably 400-550 (though one FRM member said he got his installed and an alignment for $225...). Yep, stock tires.

There are a few threads on this and I’d say the majority favor this as the way to level while maintaining the excellent feel the Raptor was born with. Some have felt there is less roll and like it better. I’m apparently not as skilled a driver to have noticed anything.

And, I personally love the look of those big beefy matte silver coiled springs you can clearly see.

Sorry, no better stance pics but there’s a thread you can check out with several others who have the Eibachs. Probably the most common Suspension mod done on the Raptors, I’m guessing based on this forumView attachment 141294View attachment 141296View attachment 141299

So what did that run you with everything?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look
I’m only a couple of hours south of you in Hippie/Yuppie Missoula.
After seeing your truck I need to add some lights in the bumper, it looks good.

Looks like you need to change your avatar name there chief.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my plates last week but was disappointed with how mounting was done. Front has the bracket, but they drilled into the metal bumper and used machine screws with heads too large to cover. I ended up tapping the front and running M6x1.0 bolts with covers. The rear was just 2 machine screws in the plastic bumper. I bought a bracket for the rear plate and installed today.
49761671352_58b2ee3bea_c.jpg
49761343091_95afc4c848_c.jpg
49760815533_8590d99f60_c.jpg