What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyG

Reaction score
Ok so today I just got finished installing my desert designs front bumper. What took so long was that I had the BAJA Designs 30” bar already installed in the grill. If you are like the majority of raptor owners you probably have the adaptive cruise control so you will have to relocate that when installing the new bumper. I wanted to keep my 30” led bar and have the adaptive cruise so I made new brackets for Add relocation kit so that both will fit within the grill. Worked great looks good and no issues with cruise or radiator. FYI it’s doable .b74c533a011091c26ed8d53eccbad7e3.jpg43d9f83c5fcd2d89757bb5ff9d2bb31d.jpg692eadbc8aa0bc6792af669207f741a1.jpga8bfa0c48b5f22bddcb77892367cad1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 Tact

Reaction score
GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light/rear facing ambers installed this morning. Actually did the install at TJs shop. The fit and finish is flawless and it's awesome. I opted for the antenna mount, 2 BD amber pros and the center BD clear sport. The clear center turns on when I open the door, put the truck in reverse and is also the bed work light. The rear facing ambers are on an upfitter switch.

c543844f-8d1a-41ee-b237-3994b344ec10-original.jpg
a09db1f9-4697-4b7e-856f-0a5d4101b7ca-original.jpg
a7120f35-1eae-4cfd-91e3-e0a1e7425fd0-original.jpg
85fc06a8-9845-492c-aea5-70cffc3806a5-original.jpg
9fd6e1b8-1650-4514-a9c9-d65e90fb514c-original.jpg
I really like that third brake light set up. Could you please post a few pictures with the brakes activated. Thanks

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so today I just got finished installing my desert designs front bumper. What took so long was that I had the BAJA Designs 30” bar already installed in the grill. If you are like the majority of raptor owners you probably have the adaptive cruise control so you will have to relocate that when installing the new bumper. I wanted to keep my 30” led bar and have the adaptive cruise so I made new brackets for Add relocation kit so that both will fit within the grill. Worked great looks good and no issues with cruise or radiator. FYI it’s doable .b74c533a011091c26ed8d53eccbad7e3.jpg43d9f83c5fcd2d89757bb5ff9d2bb31d.jpg692eadbc8aa0bc6792af669207f741a1.jpga8bfa0c48b5f22bddcb77892367cad1b.jpg

Looks great. Love the room for the BD lights this gives.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would it be possible to keep the tow hooks with the base plate mount? Have you towed it yet? How does it tow?

My goal- stock bumper, hidden winch, tow hooks and rv base-plate mount. But they all want to mount to the original tow hook mounts.
I don't see how you can mount the base plate and still use the tow hooks. If you have a winch, why do you need tow hooks? If you need to be pulled forward, use your winch. The other thought is if you need a "hook" and you use the Roadmaster base plate, you could put in the part you use to hook up to the tow bar and hook a line to that. Roadmaster has two loops that hook to the tow bar, Blue Ox uses a slot system.

I leave on a trip tomorrow and will be towing it. I don't expect any problems though, it should tow better than my Jeep did.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like that third brake light set up. Could you please post a few pictures with the brakes activated. Thanks

I only got the reverse harness. For the brakes/turn signals you need the next harness option up.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrapped the subwoofer in sound deadener...

i-dpQVfLr-X3.jpg

i-dPdTBgD-X3.jpg

I’d like to say that I can hear the difference, but no discernible change to my untrained ear. Maybe a bit less vibration...

i-HZQWDxw-X3.jpg

Regardless, hardest part was getting the seatback pulled forward on my Super Cab truck. Very tight fit, and no side release like there is on the passenger side. Once I figured out the correct part of the release mechanism to pull up it wasn’t too bad.

I rigged some blue hobby wire as a temp fix; bought some thin wire rope for a more permanent solution since I’m all out of bicycle brake cable at the moment...well, any not in use anyway! Will make a simple loop around the release secured by a ferrule, and have it retained by the headrest post with another loop, ferrule, and stop.

i-k6XNq9b-X3.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use the Roadmaster 10,000 pound tow bar, and wiring light kit (with diodes), and the Air Force One braking system.. There are plugs to go into the tubes which I have ordered. The tow brackets go into the tubes and lock with 1/4 turn. The plugs are used when you are not hooked up to the MH. I am going to try to figure out something like a skid plate to go into the tubes to protect them when going off road, which we do a lot. I also believe I can move them back a little.

The other question, which Nick answered, on the camera, the bumper does not effect it. The adaptive cruise still works, but I did have a couple of "crash alerts" come up tonight when I drove it. I may have to point it down a little to cut the sensitivity. I hope I don't have to take it to the dealer. Moving the adaptive cruise module was the hardest part, and adjusting it down will not be a lot of fun either. The bracket was very well built and substantial. The bumper fit perfectly and I am really happy with the fit/finish and quality. I would recommend this to anyone.

You might be able to adjust it if you have any kind of tools that will let you get through the grille slots with enough leverage to loosen/tighten the bolts. The good news is now that you've pull the grille, it will literally take you half the time to remove!

Nice work on the bracket! Felt the same way with our Shop Truck...wanted to keep the S8 bar and be able to relocate ACC. We offer the BajaMod bracket for this purpose.