What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to do the hood and fender vents. I contacted APR last week to see if it was possible to get the hood vent perhaps an inch or so taller and more aggressive, nope...

The CF will have such a nice subtle pop against the Magnetic paint on your truck.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do the hood and fender vents. I contacted APR last week to see if it was possible to get the hood vent perhaps an inch or so taller and more aggressive, nope...

If you are installing yourself, as I did, here are a couple of tips:

Removing the fender vents: The clips on mine were holding on pretty tight. I found that simply pushing the vents out from behind with my hand (per the directions) didn’t work. I put a dowel on the clips and gave it a tap with a mallet. They popped right out.

Removing the hood cowl: Mine was held on by the six nuts, nine barb type plastic body clips, and foam tape along the windshield. After removing the nuts and pushing the four exposed clips out from under the hood, I was scratching my head as to why the vent wouldn’t just lift out. Well, it was the tape and the body clips that are not exposed from the underside of the hood. You just need to close the hood, screw up your courage, and give it a yank from the edge that is against the window. That will release the tape, then you just keep lifting until the othe clips release.

Transferring the fender vent clips: Mine were dug in like frigging ticks. The first couple were maddening trying to get them off without damaging them. There was a learning curve, but I found that using a 90 degree pick on both sides, getting them under the bottom of the clips, and then pulling straight up worked the best. The picks get under the barbs that are dug into the plastic clip retainers and retract them as the picks slide up and under each side of the clip.

Nick at Apollo Optics has a good price on these and is great to work with. Great customer service.

Last edited:

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great! APR make great quality parts. I've had their wings on some of my cars in the past. Way to expensive for me since i know it would get messed up with some pin striping but damn do they look good!

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are installing yourself, as I did, here are a couple of tips:

Removing the fender vents: The clips on mine were holding on pretty tight. I found that simply pushing the vents out from behind with my hand (per the directions) didn’t work. I put a dowel on the clips and gave it a tap with a mallet. They popped right out.

Removing the hood cowl: Mine was held on by the six nuts, nine barb type plastic body clips, and foam tape along the windshield. After removing the nuts and pushing the four exposed clips out from under the hood, I was scratching my head as to why the vent wouldn’t just lift out. Well, it was the tape and the body clips that are not exposed from the underside of the hood. You just need to close the hood, screw up your courage, and give it a yank from the edge that is against the window. That will release the tape, then you just keep lifting until the othe clips release.

Transferring the fender vent clips: Mine were dug in like frigging ticks. The first couple were maddening trying to get them off without damaging them. There was a learning curve, but I found that using a 90 degree pick on both sides, getting them under the bottom of the clips, and then pulling straight up worked the best. The picks get under the barbs that are dug into the plastic clip retainers and retract them as the picks slide up and under each side of the clip.

Nick at Apollo Optics has a good price on these and is great to work with. Great customer service.
I found the same on my side vents. Tough to get out, and it wasn’t happening with a hand push.

I used the same trick on the clips with a 90 degree pick as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see a preset button. Did they finally make it so that you can toggle through all the presets from the steering wheel?
No but almost as good - you swipe on the presets themselves and it just moves to the next set of presets...