What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I received my deflector today and I see alcohol pads and a Surface Prep pad, the alcohol is a no-brainer to remove wax and contaminants so the adhesive sticks but what in the world is the Surface Prep pad?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
f6b59a35f6cafa42ce364549ecb92eb8.jpg838f89e536f10bbc32ad3855a0b027aa.jpg

How well does this protect the hood? I'm getting more and more concerned about rock chips (already noticed a couple small chips), and while I'm not in love with the way this looks, it's better than dealing with chipped paint.

Also, anyone have an idea if this would stick to a ceramic coat?

Thanks!

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well does this protect the hood? I'm getting more and more concerned about rock chips (already noticed a couple small chips), and while I'm not in love with the way this looks, it's better than dealing with chipped paint.

Also, anyone have an idea if this would stick to a ceramic coat?

Thanks!

Good protection for the hood
I placed on top of PPF that has ceramic coat applied and no issues

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the sounds of that at all I'm going to use my own 3M wax and grease remover and completely strip the paint of any contaminants and waxes and if it doesn't stick I'll throw it in the trash can, I'm not going to use this prep pad it scares me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I used the prep pad and it's very safe. Just wipe it where the hood protector will go and you'll be fine!