What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At what mileage should you change the differential fluid?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI - Dorman covers are $99 at Rock Auto.

Time = Money, plus you don’t need to replace the gasket at $27 per fluid change ever again. I’m replacing the cover next month. Every performance diff I’ve ever had to drain & refill had a drain/fill plug. No way I’m dropping the spare, pulling that cover off, and the 12 bolts, and scraping the surface and replacing the gasket and retorque-ing the 12 bolts when I can simply remove 2 plugs.

I’m all for doing-it-yourself……I’m just against doing it the long and hard way with zero benefit. In this case $99 one time saves me $27 + easily an hour worth of labor every time after.
TYVM, this is 100%.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quattrojim where did you get your differential cover? I guess I’ll invest in one and change it out I’ve never had a 4 wheel drive before and it is my Daly driver so I’m just over 38k and I like the one you have I would appreciate it so I can order one thank you