What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put these on yesterday. I’m sore this morning. It sucks being old. Just did a run around the block last night. Seems a lot smoother ride than my previous Eibach set up. Will do some testing today. Install went pretty good, drilled one of the rear reservoir mounts in the wrong spot… I was getting tired. Other than that, not difficult. Putting the 35’s back on reminded me why I don’t need 37’s.
Looks fantastic! I hope to someday be able to add these to my truck.
I hear ya about getting old, lol.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
Seeing that I just got the truck a few months ago I wanted to do my first oil change when i hit 15k miles. So today I did some maintenance I changed the cabin air filter, engine air filter, oil and oil filter, spark plugs, and wiper blades. I am glad I had read some threads about how the oil comes out of the drain plug I can see how if you just take it out quickly you will get oil every where. I loosened it all the way but held it in place to limit the amount of oil coming out and kept the mess to a minium. I installed a ValvoMax drain plug which it came with an attachment with a drain hose attached so next oil change I should make lees of a mess. I did remove the access panel for the oil filter but ended up removing the front skid plate to get the oil filter off probably not necessary but did make it easier to get too. I have a Ebay inter cooler I thought about installing also but the older I get the less I enjoy sweating my ass off in this FL heat so that will have to wait. Finished it up by resetting the oil life indicator and having a wobble pop.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing that I just got the truck a few months ago I wanted to do my first oil change when i hit 15k miles. So today I did some maintenance I changed the cabin air filter, engine air filter, oil and oil filter, spark plugs, and wiper blades. I am glad I had read some threads about how the oil comes out of the drain plug I can see how if you just take it out quickly you will get oil every where. I loosened it all the way but held it in place to limit the amount of oil coming out and kept the mess to a minium. I installed a ValvoMax drain plug which it came with an attachment with a drain hose attached so next oil change I should make lees of a mess. I did remove the access panel for the oil filter but ended up removing the front skid plate to get the oil filter off probably not necessary but did make it easier to get too. I have a Ebay inter cooler I thought about installing also but the older I get the less I enjoy sweating my ass off in this FL heat so that will have to wait. Finished it up by resetting the oil life indicator and having a wobble pop.
Do you wait 15K miles to change oil ??? And do you change spark plug at each change oil !!! If you answer yes, I miss some thing... or may you miss something, give us some precision, thanks !

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you wait 15K miles to change oil ??? And do you change spark plug at each change oil !!! If you answer yes, I miss some thing... or may you miss something, give us some precision, thanks !
Well it's a Gen2 thread and I doubt he put 15k miles on a Gen2 in a few months. I read that as, just bought my truck(used) and at 15k I went and did ALL the maintenance. Not uncommon for someone that wants to start off on a fresh page with their new to them vehicle in terms of the filters and plugs. Oil change possibly needed it at that time, possibly not. The real question is what the hell is a Wobble Pop?

Looked it up...Beer...never heard that one. And I'm from that area of Fl.

Last edited:

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install at factory preload ?
Do you know if preload can be adjusted with the assembly still on the truck? I lost about 1in from my previous Eibach set up, I guess it doesn’t matter until I put my new springs on the back
yes, installed at factory preload. with a spanner wrench you should be able to adjust while on the truck. I will drive for a bit, then adjust the preload