What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyLee

Reaction score
I hunted down a new unit (NOS). There are tons of used ones on eBay, but I didn’t want to take the chance on a used unit not working (in general, as in it was dropped or something).

Only thing needed is to restore your trucks As-Built values for the two HVAC modules. The unit will operate immediately upon install, but the seat heating/cooling and heated wheel functions don’t work. Restoring HVAC As-Built values makes it fully functional. There is a fault code that remains, but no check engine light or side effects and you’d only knowing running diagnostics
thank you for the details. Here is to hoping it works on the 24s because I am about to order a new control lol

Rob O

Reaction score
thank you for the details. Here is to hoping it works on the 24s because I am about to order a new control lol
Haha ... Full send! Will be curious to hear. The control unit (physical hardware) looks identical, but 24s definitely have updated software. Be sure and report back.

Rob O

Reaction score
His name is John Forman, I got cables from him a couple of months ago, very nice guy.

I've had the cables and parts to do cup holder, media bin and glove box but haven't had the time to do it yet.

Curious how difficult it is to do all the disassembling? And how much time it woud take.

I've looked at the PDF instuctions on the F150 site and watched a couple of videos. Seems like a lot of work to get at the bin and cup holder.
It took me maybe 4 hours start to finish. The PDF is seriously helpful, and yet vague enough sometimes with the images that are included you’ll spend some time just kind figuring out what’s what (orientation, where exactly is that, etc). The job is not difficult, just sort of tedious. Pulling trim is always stressful, but going slow and being methodical will mitigate issues. Is still had two fasteners break (even being very cautious). Thankfully it was only the clips and not the tabs, so I can order more and put them in later if there are any issues (so far, everything is rock solid). I used a couple other videos on trim removal to ensure I knew which way to be pulling (up or out, for example).

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's his name or does he have an online shop?
John is a standup guy. Not only did I add the cup holder, media bin and glovebox lights to my Raptor, I contacted John for info on doing something similar to my bronco. John supplied me with part numbers and created a harness to accomplish my goal. Here are pics from my bronco.

Attachments

• IMG_9621.jpeg
    IMG_9621.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9620.jpeg
    IMG_9620.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 71

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me maybe 4 hours start to finish. The PDF is seriously helpful, and yet vague enough sometimes with the images that are included you’ll spend some time just kind figuring out what’s what (orientation, where exactly is that, etc). The job is not difficult, just sort of tedious. Pulling trim is always stressful, but going slow and being methodical will mitigate issues. Is still had two fasteners break (even being very cautious). Thankfully it was only the clips and not the tabs, so I can order more and put them in later if there are any issues (so far, everything is rock solid). I used a couple other videos on trim removal to ensure I knew which way to be pulling (up or out, for example).

Great thanks for the info, I wasn't going to do the hvac module, but since I'm going to be in there, I'm starting to rethink it.

What's the part number for the 21 unit?

ChevyLee

Reaction score
Haha ... Full send! Will be curious to hear. The control unit (physical hardware) looks identical, but 24s definitely have updated software. Be sure and report back.
Will do! Just ordered it. I will also do the lights in the cupholder, media bin and glovebox.

Now I need to find a windows laptop lol. I only have Mac's:Jedi:

Rob O

Reaction score
Great thanks for the info, I wasn't going to do the hvac module, but since I'm going to be in there, I'm starting to rethink it.

What's the part number for the 21 unit?
Yup ... if You’re already pulling all that trim, might as well only do it once!

ML3T-18C612-DE