What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Waited for the hottest day of the year to install a Treeline Outdoors Tamarack rooftop tent on FrontRunner load bars and towers, all sitting on a Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover.

Significant for me, because I had my chest sawed open and almost died not long ago. This was my first big solo project since the surgery and damn it’s good to be alive!

View attachment 416006
First off, sorry to hear about your ordeal and glad you're doing ok now. Nice work on this too!

I was wondering, do you happen to know what your overall height is with the tent mounted? I'm curious if it would fit under a 7' garage door opening. To me it looks like it might be sticking up just a little too much to fit, but can't tell for sure.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious if it would fit under a 7' garage door opening. To me it looks like it might be sticking up just a little too much to fit, but can't tell for sure.
BY my calculated eyes...no. Alternatively, just toss it up there when needed.

77Raptor

Reaction score
BY my calculated eyes...no. Alternatively, just toss it up there when needed.
My issue would be my bad shoulder and my shorter girlfriend that might not be able to help lift it on and off. I was thinking a hoist in the garage to do the lifting, but if I can't clear the door opening, then it won't work anyways. I know there are lower-profile tents, but I was curious about this specific one since the tent appears to be so tall. Figured if that one would clear, then I wouldn't have to search for a low-profile one specifically, just one that isn't as tall as that.

Warpath

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you have the running lights on "bright"? I don't recall seeing a setting in the dash for this. Is this a Forscan mod?

May I ask, how much did you adjust them up? There's a bolt in there that has to be turned to adjust them, right? Is it a few turns or a bunch of turns?

Really like the results you got with this upgrade! I might have to jump on that purchase as well since I finally got my Ford Pass points recently.
No worries, It is a Forscan mod. Here is the link: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/gen3-forscan.87665/post-1697034

Yes, there is a screw. The only way i can accurately tell you where i adjusted them to, is if you take the back cover off of the fog light housing the distance between the adjustment arm and base is around 1-3/4".

Screenshot_20230717_081154_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

77Raptor

Reaction score
Reaction score
First off, sorry to hear about your ordeal and glad you're doing ok now. Nice work on this too!

I was wondering, do you happen to know what your overall height is with the tent mounted? I'm curious if it would fit under a 7' garage door opening. To me it looks like it might be sticking up just a little too much to fit, but can't tell for sure.
IMG_1373.jpeg
A pic is worth about 30 words, so here’s a pic. :)
This set up has roughly 77 inches from the highest point of the tent to the ground, so depending on the layout of your garage door, you “should” be good.

@77Raptor Thank you! It wasn’t long ago that I wasn’t strong enough to open a jar of pickles, so it brought a lot of smiles when the family came home and saw everything already done.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the Raptor shrink? According to the Tech Spec sheet, the overall height for a 35 truck is 79.8”. Then again, I never really took the time to go actually measure it. Lmao
View attachment 416787
A pic is worth about 30 words, so here’s a pic. :)
This set up has roughly 77 inches from the highest point of the tent to the ground, so depending on the layout of your garage door, you “should” be good.

@77Raptor Thank you! It wasn’t long ago that I wasn’t strong enough to open a jar of pickles, so it brought a lot of smiles when the family came home and saw everything already done.

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 25

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LineX all done ...also added the Putco LED light bar while I was waiting for the step pad. Plug and play.

View attachment 416932
I like that you did what you want. Major go for it kudos. Any worries about decreased resale? Seems like you just eliminated many potential buyers. May be irrelevant to you.