What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mts

Reaction score
Is that the PGA Championship on the screen? I wish I can install a lift in my garage. My ceiling is too low.
Good eye, yes it is. My ceilings are only 11'5" so that Bendpak floor plate lift is one of the few I can use. It's rated for 9,000lbs. I can take cars up to full rise, but can only take the Raptor up high enough to roll around on a work chair under it. That's really all I need, but would love to have the height for a top plate lift.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do these look in the daylight with them on and off? How hard was it to install and hide them? Looks pretty sweet. Just like my Wifes x7 but way more customizable.
Still very bright in daytime I would say as bright as bmw/Mercedes & almost blinding at full brightness at night.

It was pretty easy installing them, it was just time consuming since I had to figure out where exactly to put them.

Best place IMO is in the crack underneath the middle trim that runs across the whole dash from driver side to passenger side.

I used the included double sided tape to hold them to the trim pieces and snap them back in.
Wired the passenger side to the fuse box, center console - tapped into an existing harness, driver side tapped into an existing harness.

Attached picture is around 5-6 pm still pretty bright outside.

Highly recommend if you like ambient lights in vehicles. Makes the truck feel more luxurious.

I don’t recommend doing the footwell lights, they suck and you barely can see anything at night. Total waste of time lol

Attachments

• 5258E162-EDD7-4277-90B5-4C26FA96ED6F.jpeg
    5258E162-EDD7-4277-90B5-4C26FA96ED6F.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 103

zachery55

Reaction score
Still very bright in daytime I would say as bright as bmw/Mercedes & almost blinding at full brightness at night.

It was pretty easy installing them, it was just time consuming since I had to figure out where exactly to put them.

Best place IMO is in the crack underneath the middle trim that runs across the whole dash from driver side to passenger side.

I used the included double sided tape to hold them to the trim pieces and snap them back in.
Wired the passenger side to the fuse box, center console - tapped into an existing harness, driver side tapped into an existing harness.

Attached picture is around 5-6 pm still pretty bright outside.

Highly recommend if you like ambient lights in vehicles. Makes the truck feel more luxurious.

I don’t recommend doing the footwell lights, they suck and you barely can see anything at night. Total waste of time lol
Awesome thanks for the feed back. And I’m assuming when they are off that they aren’t very noticeable. So that’s a plus. Sweet. Ya seems like a good fit to replace the deleted cup holder lights lol.