What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Antimatter! & Very slick how you painted the upper skid section to match the bumper, really looks way better that way Did you do that yourself? I want
Btw lights look awesome ,next time she says they look like antlers just say "oh deer"

Thanks! It was actually done by the dealer right after they received it from Ford (it wasn’t an ordered truck so it was like that when I saw it). Apparently that silver part had a paint defect on it, and they weren’t able to match the silver, so just matched it to the rest of the bumper. They were surprised I immediately noticed it, and I used it as a negotiation point, even though I secretly liked it much better that way. They did a great job, it matches perfectly to the bumpers and flares and looks oem.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It was actually done by the dealer right after they received it from Ford (it wasn’t an ordered truck so it was like that when I saw it). Apparently that silver part had a paint defect on it, and they weren’t able to match the silver, so just matched it to the rest of the bumper. They were surprised I immediately noticed it, and I used it as a negotiation point, even though I secretly liked it much better that way. They did a great job, it matches perfectly to the bumpers and flares and looks oem.
Good Deal! Haha cant complain bout that kinda luck!

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say it’s one notch easier than black, but I wouldn’t call it easy. My last truck was magnetic and in terms of looking dirty and staying clean I think AMB is right between magnetic and black. I didn’t find magnetic to be too bad but it definitely wasn’t silver or white.

The metallic definitely hides some of it a little bit in the same way a really metallic black is easier than just a basic black. If you look close there’s almost specks of green/turquoise or something in it.
How did they dealer paint your bumper and how did they get the sensors in the bumper darker? Did they replace them or paint them too?

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did tint last week as well, 20% on sides and 50% on windshield. has definitely cut down on heat and glare, I really wanted the uv protection as to not fade the blue seats in the So Cal sun. I am very happy so far. pictures are inside, it is not as dark as it looks. I also threw on a stubby antenna.

View attachment 403415View attachment 403416View attachment 403417

Looks amazing…. My raptor came with tint and wish it was a tad darker thus I thought about doing my front windshield as well… I am still on the fence.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BuiltRight bed panels are fully installed as well as rotopax. PPF installed as of last week though I'm still waiting on some of the bubbles to go away.

Icon Rebound ordered, so I'm hoping those will arrive this week so I can have them installed this weekend. Should be done with modifications for at least a few months after that.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded the new hvac to old this afternoon while WFH! :33: lol
View attachment 403389

Also anyone else done the ceramic UV tint to windshield? It reduces heat and did it with 70% on windshield and 30% on front windows. Noticeable difference in heat when climbing into truck after sitting out in the sun... highly recommended!

Red tow hooks next!
How straightforward was the HVAC "upgrade"--simple swap or did it require programming? Where did you buy the old HVAC?

1000% agreed on the ceramic UV tint on the windshield. I've never done that on a vehicle until my Raptor and am impressed with how much cooler the cabin stays. It's also nice on longer drives when the sun is shining in from straight ahead on dark clothing. Only downside is I have a ton of windshield chips with less than 5k miles on the odo and I realized when I replace the windshield I have to pay for front tint again :(

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How straightforward was the HVAC "upgrade"--simple swap or did it require programming? Where did you buy the old HVAC?

1000% agreed on the ceramic UV tint on the windshield. I've never done that on a vehicle until my Raptor and am impressed with how much cooler the cabin stays. It's also nice on longer drives when the sun is shining in from straight ahead on dark clothing. Only downside is I have a ton of windshield chips with less than 5k miles on the odo and I realized when I replace the windshield I have to pay for front tint again :(
my tint guy has a workaround when the windshield has to be replaced. he works with the glass company to tint the new window before it goes in the truck. saves a ton of money doing it this way through him. See if your tint guy has a workaround?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter