What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinyl sometimes graphics on back tailgate and hood (no front grille) and removed some of the stock 37 graphics (all except for hood and bedside large graphic). AC7ECBE5-42E8-4187-BE1A-A2387D8549A6.jpeg
0AB8909C-5F4E-4639-91D5-11246267FA06.jpeg

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
Added some Front Runner load bars (26lbs) to my 2023 for my IKamper Mini 3 RTT when needed. This set up does require drilling holes. These bars measure 8" above the bed allowing nice space for lightweight bins of gear if needed. This keeps the RTT below the cab and is at the very minimum height for adding a lightweight awning to sit under. Plus I kinda like the way they look.

I learned a lot trying to overland my last Gen 2 truck. I added so much damn weight I had to swap out my rear leafs with +4 deavers which did the trick but really stiffened up the truck. I added all sorts of trash that I never used LOL. I did Stupid heavy Decked System, ADD overland rack, Roofnest Condor Overland RTT and absurd 20 gallon, 12 gallon water systems...Like who needs 20 gallons/150 lbs of water when you drive by a gas station once every 3- days?

This new 2023 truck is a compilation of everything I learned not to do to a Raptor. Keep it clean and be obsessive over minimizing weight. Im on the road about two months of the year to mostly desert areas in the SW so Im all about a Roof top tent. These 26lbs load bars can easily be shifted and be removed when not needed. BTW, theres only one Hard Top, light weight Rooftop tent I would recommend for a Raptor, the 120lb IKamper Mini 2 or 3. Ive tried multiple tents over the years and this one is my favorite, pricy but worth it..comfortably fits two, made in South Korea and not China. Im headed out for two weeks in early April so I should have a good idea about how they hold up. Ive had good luck with Front Runner for the most part so Im not too worried.

Attachments

• Document new 3.JPG
    Document new 3.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Document new 3_6.JPG
    Document new 3_6.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Document new 3_3.JPG
    Document new 3_3.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 125