What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I’m in SoCal and have run 50% on almost every windshield without issue. Even a couple times when I was younger and got a fixit ticket for the front window tint, they never mentioned the windshield.
Once you tint the windshield it's hard not having it on all your current and future vehicles.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, just a small public service announcement. If you get an accident and have any film on your windshield below, the AS1 line, you run the risk of getting hung out to dry. It’s illegal in all 50 states and ambulance chasers love to look for a little loopholes like that. Can’t blame them.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks, just a small public service announcement. If you get an accident and have any film on your windshield below, the AS1 line, you run the risk of getting hung out to dry. It’s illegal in all 50 states and ambulance chasers love to look for a little loopholes like that. Can’t blame them.
I got in a serious accident where I rolled a Subaru Sti 3 times. Nobody else was hurt and IMO that film saved my life. The whole windshield was shattered but in one piece. I walked away from that without a cut. Nothing could convince me not to run it.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got in a serious accident where I rolled a Subaru Sti 3 times. Nobody else was hurt and IMO that film saved my life. The whole windshield was shattered but in one piece. I walked away from that without a cut. Nothing could convince me not to run it.
Aren't automotive windshields designed to do this anyway? All other windows are designed to shatter and fall out for emergency exits in the event of an accident. My buddies BMW had the rear window shatter and if it wasn't for tint the whole thing would have ended up in the back seat, but I believe that a windshield is designed to stay together so it doesn't end up in your lap from a simple rock impact.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you notice any sagging g with the heavier cover? I know our gen 3’s are susceptible to more play in the suspension.
I’ve got a DiamondBack HD on my Gen 3 and while it is heavy, I didn’t notice any sagging. However, when I added the CargoGlide into the equation, I did notice some rear sagging. On the plus side, I didn’t need to add collars to the front to even out the ride height. :D

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren't automotive windshields designed to do this anyway? All other windows are designed to shatter and fall out for emergency exits in the event of an accident. My buddies BMW had the rear window shatter and if it wasn't for tint the whole thing would have ended up in the back seat, but I believe that a windshield is designed to stay together so it doesn't end up in your lap from a simple rock impact.
Yes, I think they are to some extent but after seeing the car a few days after the accident and looking pretty carefully, to me it looks like it wouldn’t have shattered into thousands of pieces, but that without the film it would’ve ripped apart and sent the jagged glass edges into my face. Instead it was all held together as one piece and just caved in.