What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Midland has a spring sale and the MTX400 bundle was about $90 off. Today I installed the ghost antenna on a Rugged Radios mount and installed the radio in the center console. I will take a better pic of the console tomorrow when it is light out... and I tidy up the wires and cable a little.

View attachment 410656

View attachment 410657

I like the antenna but how well does it work? Range issues?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ceramic coating are a scam. This is what ive come to. Detailers charging thousands of dollars to install them are scam artists.
yup, aint nothing wrong with some good wax, my 04 looks brand new with just wax, no ppf or ceramic on it (yet).
Ceramics arent a scam, but i agree with you on the detailer upcharge!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the antenna but how well does it work? Range issues?
As of yet, undetermined.

I will post back after I have had a chance to do some testing. I am still waiting for my swr meter to come in for gmrs. Once I verify I am not going to smoke the radio, I will do some testing in he field and see how it goes. I have several friends running them on their Jeeps and don't seem to have any issues.