What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it off road for the first time. Which would mean nothing except the truck had 34.2 miles on it when we left pavement, which I found funny.

Truck is phenomenal. Spent an hour slowly increasing the speed on fast, washed out, rougher than hell desert roads. I usually ride through this area in my side by side (Can Am X3 with a lot of suspension work... 22" of suspension travel...) and it's rough in that thing, so I was impressed the Raptor (at a much lower speed) was very composed and rode very well.

That 5 link is masterful and is such a vast improvement over leaf springs. I really like the utilitarian feel of it vs the 2022 Limited I had previous to this, even with that truck levelled on 35's with good shocks it just felt like I was wrecking that truck using it as I do. Extremely happy with the truck!!

37's on in the next couple weeks. Still getting used to Avalanche Grey... Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks so bland and boring. Usually go for a brighter or somewhat unique colour (red or blues usually)

IMG_1822.jpg

PlumbRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got my new rims and tires on. Tried to do my eibach 1in lift springs but my shops spring compressor wasn't big enough. Gotta find a shop with a bigger spring compressor. I'm used to suspension work on super duties. No spring compressor needed lol

Attachments

• 20230322_172439.jpg
    20230322_172439.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230322_172431.jpg
    20230322_172431.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 44

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took it off road for the first time. Which would mean nothing except the truck had 34.2 miles on it when we left pavement, which I found funny.

Truck is phenomenal. Spent an hour slowly increasing the speed on fast, washed out, rougher than hell desert roads. I usually ride through this area in my side by side (Can Am X3 with a lot of suspension work... 22" of suspension travel...) and it's rough in that thing, so I was impressed the Raptor (at a much lower speed) was very composed and rode very well.

That 5 link is masterful and is such a vast improvement over leaf springs. I really like the utilitarian feel of it vs the 2022 Limited I had previous to this, even with that truck levelled on 35's with good shocks it just felt like I was wrecking that truck using it as I do. Extremely happy with the truck!!

37's on in the next couple weeks. Still getting used to Avalanche Grey... Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks so bland and boring. Usually go for a brighter or somewhat unique colour (red or blues usually)

View attachment 399260
Great shot. Love the color.