What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
That Rogue Rebel was supposed to be here today, get notification that it has been delayed and now will be tomorrow. That bumper better be perfect and no bolts or parts missing!

There's a reason we package things like we do, no worries Rick!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another visit. Things swamped over last night.

8796b830d90bb3c08c130ddea87057c9.jpg

Been a ****** day.
Woke up this morning to a dead battery in the loaner truck this morning.
Bring parts to shop so they can install the new shocks, knuckle, tie rods, etc.
Bolts missing on the SDHQ double shear. Called them, shipping out.
Open other box, weld is cracked on the knuckle. Call back SDHQ, they want pictures. Get them and now sending out a replacement.
Open ICON boxes and both shocks have the wrong bracket. Call ICON, sending out right ones.
Shop looks at the nice SDHQ tie rods and said they didn't want to install them.
Customer calls and hard drive fails in a server.
Go to Taco Bell for lunch and my total the cashier tells me is $6.66
I scratch the front of my iPhone 6s

Damn dude that is a ****** day. I'm with @Jimbo on this one and think you really should go back to bed and hide under the cover until morning. On a side note I'm happy to not see those damn stones in your tire treads today in this pic :ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

D

Deleted member 12951

If not welded properly, yes. @t_j has the process down to a science.

I heard that 3 of them that he did cracked. So welding them isn't the faintest of heart to do.

The Outlaw ones I had were thicker than these SDHQ's and was welded on both sides. Because the SDHQ's are thinner, they only weld one side fully and tack weld the important parts of it on the other side. I had no problem with the welds on the Outlaws that I purchased used from @Dan06. Just don't have the funds to buy $2k+ aftermarket knuckles right now because I would most likely get the Rogue ones. Figured the SDHQ's are better than stock for right now.

dd152185135c325aa415280049b15bb1.jpg

cd8148323f9b7a4d4fd742de0735b35d.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Sounds like it's a good thing it didn't come today......

You make an excellent point. Good thing for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

j2k

Reaction score
I dropped my bumpers off at Line-X of Tampa Bay last week to get coated in Line-X premium. I picked them up today and also got my bed Line-X'd while I was there. I managed to get the front bumper and tonneau cover back on this evening, but will have to tackle the rear bumper later this week. I love the look/quality of this stuff.... and the guys at Line-X of Tampa Bay did great work.

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 146

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dropped my bumpers off at Line-X of Tampa Bay last week to get coated in Line-X premium. I picked them up today and also got my bed Line-X'd while I was there. I managed to get the front bumper and tonneau cover back on this evening, but will have to tackle the rear bumper later this week. I love the look/quality of this stuff.... and the guys at Line-X of Tampa Bay did great work.
You need to get out and get some love marks on that skid plate.