What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This time it's not what I did to my raptor, but instead what it did for me.

It served a greater purpose yesterday when myself and 3 friends were struck by a car which flipped the truck over and rolled several times. All 4 of us and the 2 passengers in the other car all walked out of the crash with the worst injury being a serious concussion (discharged from the hospital today after an overnight observation). The officers and doctors all said that it was incredible that we weren't more seriously injured or dead.

A truck is easily replaced but a life is not. Thank you Ford for building a quality truck which most likely saved 4, maybe 6 lives yesterday.

On a less serious note, I unfortunately installed my FX4 retrofit HIDs from @CP RAPTOR on Friday and they were destroyed before I could even put them to work. :mad:

Holy shit man I'm so sorry to hear this ! Fortunate that all walked away. I hope everything works out for you with healing and replacement.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit man I'm so sorry to hear this ! Fortunate that all walked away. I hope everything works out for you with healing and replacement.

Yep, insurance will cover it and if not, I will swap back to stock and send these in to retrofit for some mods. Thanks again for the help with the harness!

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn good to know how well these handle a roll over. Even better to know everyone walked away from that. Glad your buddy with the concussion was discharged and ok as well.

1085279993ea0e9279440a19ec06c069.jpg

On a different note I was happy to get these in last week. Piecing together a budget build of FX4 HIDs. Just waiting on Osram ballasts and they will be ready to go on. Should look perfect on a black rap.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn good to know how well these handle a roll over. Even better to know everyone walked away from that. Glad your buddy with the concussion was discharged and ok as well.

1085279993ea0e9279440a19ec06c069.jpg

On a different note I was happy to get these in last week. Piecing together a budget build of FX4 HIDs. Just waiting on Osram ballasts and they will be ready to go on. Should look perfect on a black rap.

I just remembered that I had my dash cam in the truck so I will look for it when I retrieve my stuff and see if it saved it.

The FX4 HIDs look amazing on the black trucks. Way better than the stock grey ones.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered that I had my dash cam in the truck so I will look for it when I retrieve my stuff and see if it saved it.

The FX4 HIDs look amazing on the black trucks. Way better than the stock grey ones.

Definitely post up the video if you can.

Grey HID doesn't look too bad. I have a '10 so I don't even have HIDs, these will be miles better.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely post up the video if you can.

Grey HID doesn't look too bad. I have a '10 so I don't even have HIDs, these will be miles better.

Will do as soon as my lawyer clears me to do so if the footage is even salvageable.

Anything is better than the stock halogens!

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never thought I would favorite a picture of a totaled raptor but that's great to know you guys all made it out safe! I've seen aftermath pictures of raptors that were involved in rollovers and it seems like our trucks really hold up well. Great to see that no one was severely hurt and R.I.P to that black angel [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: