What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slade8

Reaction score
Last night I painted the front bumper cutouts on each end. The prior owner left the fog light cutout inserts installed loosely and the shaking took the paint off the bumper to the bare metal which started to rust. I am not ready to pay $40 or more shipped for one can of sterling gray custom made spray paint. So I used a can of krylon fusion paint and primer metallic black silver I had left over from my pool table lights. I thought why does the paint have to match the entire bumper if both the cutouts are color matched. It also enhances the leds behind the fender cutouts and adds character imo. So I sanded the rust off etc., taped it off, and let it rip! The only thing I regret is my impatience and not making a template that would've made each newly painted portions 100% symmetrical. Anyway, I like it so much that if it passes the chip tests, I am thinking about painting both bumpers and possibly the fenders the same color. Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• 20240108_130353.jpg
    20240108_130353.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240108_142008.jpg
    20240108_142008.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240322_180237.jpg
    20240322_180237.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240323_102637.jpg
    20240323_102637.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240323_102811.jpg
    20240323_102811.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 27

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Last night I painted the front bumper cutouts on each end. The prior owner left the fog light cutout inserts installed loosely and the shaking took the paint off the bumper to the bare metal which started to rust. I am not ready to pay $40 or more shipped for one can of sterling gray custom made spray paint. So I used a can of krylon fusion paint and primer metallic black silver I had left over from my pool table lights. I thought why does the paint have to match the entire bumper if both the cutouts are color matched. It also enhances the leds behind the fender cutouts and adds character imo. So I sanded the rust off etc., taped it off, and let it rip! The only thing I regret is my impatience and not making a template that would've made each newly painted portions 100% symmetrical. Anyway, I like it so much that if it passes the chip tests, I am thinking about painting both bumpers and possibly the fenders the same color. Let me know what you think?
Well, I have to say I haven't seen this done before on a Raptor. With just the one picture of the repainted cutouts I can't say if I like it or not. Maye you can up some more shots of them.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it.
I would think having the rear match would add to it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter