What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do to the ring gear? Looks almost like it was all sandblasted. This is what mine (2011 with 148xxx miles) looked like after draining it.
I think its just the lighting or reflections. Just drained, cleaned the face and filled.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a BedRug and actually like it? Mine smells like a wet dog. Granted the tonneau was put on in 2013 i think and its not exactly water tight.
I went with the BedTred instead of the BedRug when I first got my truck back in 2010. I am extremely happy with it! It's not a soft felt mat which I didn't want, and it looks like a spray liner texture. I have better photo's somewhere on a thumb drive. I didn't want to do the spray liner and have the bed paint all sanded off. 20210212_151640.jpg

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I went with the BedTred instead of the BedRug when I first got my truck back in 2010. I am extremely happy with it! It's not a soft felt mat which I didn't want, and it looks like a spray liner texture. I have better photo's somewhere on a thumb drive. I didn't want to do the spray liner and have the bed paint all sanded off. View attachment 439894
I was looking at horse stall mats from TS cause they are 50$ haha. Ill take a look at this too

gusser

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a BedRug and actually like it? Mine smells like a wet dog. Granted the tonneau was put on in 2013 i think and its not exactly water tight.
My gen1 bed is ok but a bed rug will make it purty again. Not installed yet but in the box waiting.
My Raptor will be a garage queen, used to haul RC helicopters and planes (the rug material makes it nice to velcro the models to it for transport) and occasionally attend a local cruise night.
An economical trifold cover will replace the removed nasty rollup but I don't plan on intentionally driving in the rain...she will only get wet if I get stuck in a thunderstorm.
I don't intend to drive in rain/snow so I am hopeful I can keep the carpet dry even with a less-than-premium trifold cover.

I had a bedrug on my new 2009 Sierra back in the day with a premium one-piece fiberglass bed cover and it never leaked for the short time I owned it. I did drive through a few heavy downpours too.
It is also easy on my knees if I need to crawl around the bed a bit.

Bedrug advertises their product can be pressure washed and shows vids of the same, but I'd assume an extended drying period would be par for the course after a pressure wash.

If possible, perhaps take it out of the bed and let it cook in the sun for a day or two...let the bed dry out completely too... might help with that musty doggie smell.
Good luck!
:favorites13:

Last edited: