What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do to mine today? I brought home a little brother for him to play with!. It’s a 2014 with 92k miles, never off-roaded, and always garaged.

It’s my father’s truck he bought new in 2014. He decided to upgrade to a newer model, so I’m buying the Gen 1 from him. No way I was letting this one get away!
Wow that is incredible, congratulations. I am sure you were just waiting for the day to come. What are your plans for it? If that were me I would just leave it stock.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that is incredible, congratulations. I am sure you were just waiting for the day to come. What are your plans for it? If that were me I would just leave it stock.
Thanks! I've been telling him for several years that when he got ready to upgrade, I'd buy it. Definitely a rare opportunity to buy a Gen 1 that I know everything about! On a side note - Pops is bringing his new R home today, so can't wait to get a turn behind the wheel to see how it compares to my Whippled Gen 1. Already know the suspension is much better, but am excited to see how it runs.

No planned upgrades for the blue Gen 1 other than maybe some BD fog lights. It's in perfect, unmolested condition, so want to keep it that way. My son is going to drive it for a while so it'll see normal highway use, but nothing too terrible.IMG_7706.jpeg

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished up the maintenance/modding. Stock leafs and springs available if anyone is in AZ. In the last 3 weeks:

TSW Bravo shocks with Geisers on low
Alcan leafs(stock height) with flip bolt plate and timbren bumps
New hub and IWE on drivers side
Stainless brake lines/brake flush
Power Steering Flush
Outer Tie Rods
Spicer diff cover with 3.5qts Valvoline 75W140

Highly recommend the PS flush if you haven't. 84K miles and dont think its ever been done. The fluid was nearly black and took 4 qts to flush. Much smoother and quieter now. New outer tie rods made it feel like I put the sway bar back on, really noticeable improvement. Still breaking in the leafs but they made a huge difference in ride quality. Initially they were 2" taller than stock, Dad and I hopped in the bed and bounced it up and down and now they are only 1" higher. 500 hard miles should bring it down another inch. If not Ill look into drop shackles. A lot of fun cutting the bolt heads off. Sawzall on the drivers side with lubricant took about 40 mins, pass side with a 4.5" angle grinder did that one in about 8 mins. Thought about detailing it but its mud season in AZ, not worth it. Alignment, oil change and re-torquing all the new bolts Weds and Ill post a side pic.

PXL_20240108_041049541.MP.jpg
PXL_20240106_171411104.MP.jpg
PXL_20240108_042055153.MP.jpg

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you do to the ring gear? Looks almost like it was all sandblasted. This is what mine (2011 with 148xxx miles) looked like after draining it.

Attachments

• 20220108_141135.jpg
    20220108_141135.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

CVP33

Reaction score
The one night of the year a Spartan can agree.
I only video’d 2 plays. Can’t stand people that hold their phones up taping at games or concerts. I had a feeling on this one. I don’t think they talked about it on the TV broadcast, but M fans outnumbered W fans 4:1. I give them credit, they were loud when they needed to be. In the end it was just deafening. NRG only holds ~72K, can’t imagine 120K in Ann Arbor.