What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a tire mounted to my matching spare wheel and replaced the thrashed Icon rear shocks with new OEM Fox’s.

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

The lower one is blown and leaking oil. Both have gouges in the shafts. The corrosion is unreal. At $2,200 a piece you’d think Icon could use a better coating. Previous owner painted the shock bodies.
IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
IMG_1449.jpeg
Discovered some interesting stuff pulling apart my 6.2s front end. Oil pump appears to be new, and I found what I think is a date code on it that was 2017. Not sure why that would be the only new part, since usually when an oil pump goes out, the engine doesn’t survive, and nothing else was replaced inside so it seems like
Someone just decided this engine needed an oil pump. Seems to be an original engine, but I have no way to verify. Timing cover had definitely been off before as it had a weird gasket. Attached a pic of the trashed timing cover covered in JB weld and cracks, and my fresh blue valve cover

Attachments

• IMG_1450.jpeg
    IMG_1450.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 33

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s quite a collection of idiot lights you have there. ;)
Every legit garage-built prerunner has idiot lights. The seat belt light (since you have harnesses), the parking brake light (since your axle swap from drums to discs), the engine service lights, airbag lights, etc. Back in the day, when SCORE did the Laughlin event every January, I recall the hotel valets would run up to the truck to get to drive a "real" desert beast, then side inside the cab and be overwhelmed by all those lights. I'd hear a lot of "Sir, what's wrong with your truck?" and see them panic when the spooled axle started chirping across the pavement. The only guys that worried me were the ones that insisted on putting on the radio intercom headphones to park it.