What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did a trans service today. Been putting it off, as I've been very busy, and my trans has been running MINT with nice low temps.
Up until yesterday.
Threw a P0741 code. Lost my shit. As I'm very sure it's from my procrastination.
None the less. After code threw I checked fluid level and it was a little low. Topped it off and drove home.
Today I dropped the pan, let it drip while I attached a secondary filter. Got 8qrts out of it which really surprised me, never mind all the fluid that went down the driveway, and that was lost out of the trans cooler.
I ended up moving the trans cooler up on the mount, and installed an oil filter mount and HUGE Wix filter that sapodly adds 2qrts to system. It took 1.5qrts dry before install so I believe it hold close to 2 quarts under pressure.
Installed new trans filter, and filled it back up with all the trans fluid I had. Unfortunaly I was shy a little fluid, and need to buy more tomorrow. I purchased 7qrts, expecting to drop 5 from pan and extra 2 from new filter. So tomorrow I'm buying 3 more quarts to be safe. Wish I took before pics, but here's some after pics.

View attachment 426798View attachment 426797View attachment 426803View attachment 426802

Hopefully this does the trick and that damn P0741 code doesn't come back. No other noticable issues other than the code. No hard shift, slipping, clunking.
Guess time will tell.
I want to know more about that Filter! Also surprised you didn't go with a saudi cooler for just a tiny bit more capacity/cooling! Very cool stuff.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
I bought a tank full of crappy gas. My truck was running like a three legged dog and my mpg was super low. Heet to the rescue. And cleaned the maf. But I’m coming out better than my cousin, he lost his fuel pump because of it and for some reason the alternator although I don’t think that is related to crappy gas.

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a tank full of crappy gas. My truck was running like a three legged dog and my mpg was super low. Heet to the rescue. And cleaned the maf. But I’m coming out better than my cousin, he lost his fuel pump because of it and for some reason the alternator although I don’t think that is related to crappy gas.
Man it must have been horseshit gas because when I pulled about 12 gallons of lacquered gas from my old jetski, which had been sitting about 2 years, I put it into my truck.

I guess I didn't do it all at once and it was cut with premium. Eh whatever man I'm glad you didn't have to replace a fuel pump!

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know more about that Filter! Also surprised you didn't go with a saudi cooler for just a tiny bit more capacity/cooling! Very cool stuff.
Saw it on an f150 forum pretty sure. Not this kit or filter specifically, but just the idea. Found this Derale kit as best economical option with decent reviews. Screenshot_20231009-192555~2.png
Then found the biggest filter that would fit on it, which ended up being
Screenshot_20231009-192915~2.png
Unfortunately the info I found on the forum on the install was incorrect, as it stated the pressure inlet side of the cooler was at the bottom. So at first I had it plumbed backwards and luckily ****** realized something was wrong. If anyone going forward is wondering, the inlet of the trans filter is on the top, and flows out the bottom.
I've ordered another trans cooler that will be here Wednesday to also add on. As I'm still having issues with my trans temps.
Think my torque converter may be slipping causing heat levels to rise while driving. Then drop back down anytime I stop. Hoping the additional trans cooler will help keep heat levels down enough short term till I can swap out all fluid for Amsoil. And pray that helps. I really, really, really don't want to replace my torque converter in my driveway.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Man it must have been horseshit gas because when I pulled about 12 gallons of lacquered gas from my old jetski, which had been sitting about 2 years, I put it into my truck.

I guess I didn't do it all at once and it was cut with premium. Eh whatever man I'm glad you didn't have to replace a fuel pump!
It dropped my mpg’s to 7, I haven’t seen that low unless I was exercising her and airing her out.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Just got the truck back from the dealer for some warranty work. 4 low would not shift in or out intermittently.
They replaced the t-case shift motor and that seems to have fixed it.

Some sap would have paid $600 for that job at FORD, if they did not do it themselves.