What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes just the Meguiar’s kit from Wally worked great, and one box is more than enough for a pair of Gen 1 headlights. Pretty much the same kit for all brands, with varying grits of sandpaper and polishing compound like @CoronaRaptor said:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Restoration-Kit-G2980-Kit/148464595
@badm0t0rfinger what’s ATF do to em?

I'm not sure of the exact process but a bit of ATF on a rag will help take away some of the oxidation that has built up on the headlights. I had an old shit box back in like 2006 and one of the lights was basically toast because it was so fogged up. Thought what the **** I'm probably gonna have to replace it anyways so I'll give it a shot. Sure enough it worked, and I don't think I touched it again until I sold it before leaving for the military in 08.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact process but a bit of ATF on a rag will help take away some of the oxidation that has built up on the headlights. I had an old shit box back in like 2006 and one of the lights was basically toast because it was so fogged up. Thought what the **** I'm probably gonna have to replace it anyways so I'll give it a shot. Sure enough it worked, and I don't think I touched it again until I sold it before leaving for the military in 08.
That's probably the "secret sauce" that comes in those headlight restoration kits haha! The last step is wiping on a mystery substance, I figured it was along the lines of Black Magic, probably a ketchup packet of ATF. Either way I'll remember that trick!!

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's probably the "secret sauce" that comes in those headlight restoration kits haha! The last step is wiping on a mystery substance, I figured it was along the lines of Black Magic, probably a ketchup packet of ATF. Either way I'll remember that trick!!

I'm not gonna lie to you, I'd do it as a last resort on something you're considering replacing anyways. For poor kid with a shitbox beater it was perfect.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you with adjustable upper control arms, where did you go to get the alignment done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a the shop that installed them do it. I got the khc stage 1 lockout done at the same time or I would have installed them myself and then would be left with the question of who to align them. Are you locked out as well?

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gj power steering reservoir and cooler.

8da39de7959c9108dc5e66be8f700b17.jpg

5e2264415f8d3eb9cbc40b0da56ffebb.jpg

This kit is so nice and very well made. I see why it gets rid of the cavitation in the stop reservoir. This hold 2 quarts of fluid the stock one i barely filled a 20oz pop bottle halfway when removing the old fluid.