What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gotta say seriously loving the gen1 threads these days. Post like this are what I look to in this forum. Meanwhile the gen2 “what you did today” is just posts of stickers, floor mats and mudflaps haha F-yeah gen1s! Keep it up.

:anitoof: pretty much that, talking about ceramic coating, which Starbucks latte they had.. and which fog light kit is best lol.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful with a light bar that just attaches to the bed rails. Lots of off-roading will tear your bed up. I had the WSI bar and ended up taking it off. Its not just the case of his, any of them will eventually do it.

9df56437201b368afc42c41430c792f2.jpg
This is so mangled I’m not even sure what Part I’m looking at. Is this a bologna sandwich with Swiss cheese? Hold the mayo?

D

Deleted member 12951

This is so mangled I’m not even sure what Part I’m looking at. Is this a bologna sandwich with Swiss cheese? Hold the mayo?
The bed was taken off and flipped over. This is the passenger side near the cab. It was destroyed. This is after the repair. And we used an angle iron in the front rim on the bed to reinforce it. If you look close, you can see it. Liner material was applied to hide the damage

18a0e5424313663be8d8bbd4da3e5bfb.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bed was taken off and flipped over. This is the passenger side near the cab. It was destroyed. This is after the repair. And we used an angle iron in the front rim on the bed to reinforce it. If you look close, you can see it. Liner material was applied to hide the damage

18a0e5424313663be8d8bbd4da3e5bfb.jpg
Can 2 guys lift the bed off and flip it upside down or do you need 4 guys, I'm taking mine off next spring, curious how much it weighs.

RAPTORSCHIM

Reaction score
Weird how it would rust around those bolt holes, but not the holes themselves. The rest of the metal looks good still.

So it appears that water was getting between the rear cross brace and the bed. If you look close you can see the edge of the cross brace right at the top of my cut.

My truck was undercoated from new, but looks like they missed some spots right along that cross brace.

The other real shinny metal we think was contaminated while the bed liner was being sprayed in by water or sweat, and caused cracking in the liner ...

RUST REPAIR 3.jpg RUST REPAIR 4.jpg