What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I experienced a transmission issue for the first time today. Came to a stop on the interstate off-ramp and didn't notice that the transmission never downshifted to 1st until I tried to take off. Naturally the truck was under strain from trying to start in 6th gear so I threw it in manual mode and tried to downshift it myself. No dice. The gear indicator never showed on the dash display so I threw it back in drive and it showed that it was in 3rd. Finally it shifted to 1st and I was on my way. I've been researching about this and it seems to have a TSB related to it. A reflash is needed and/or some parts replaced. Has anyone else experienced this? I have an extended warranty but I'm kind of skeptical if they'll cover it due to my aftermarket tune and pedal commander. I can take the PC and tuner off but there's no way they won't notice the LT headers.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you for one side. I need to install mine still.
Still considering taking it to a shop for the rear bedsides..

I had around 6-8 hours into it. That is disassemble, cut hammer pinch welds, mock up fender, pull it off put it back on about 100 times. My OCD gets the better of me on. Installed an old glassworks or fiberworx liner I had laying around to get by until I either make my own or buy Shaun Millers that he makes.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Looks like a great start Nick!!! Digging the grey on black, too. How's the inner liner project going?

I used one of the old glassworks or fiberwerx liner to get by until I either make my own or buy Shaun Millers that he makes.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Did you get those from the Chicago guy, damnit I wanted em

Well I bought them from Crown Offroad through @2014RubyRed

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I experienced a transmission issue for the first time today. Came to a stop on the interstate off-ramp and didn't notice that the transmission never downshifted to 1st until I tried to take off. Naturally the truck was under strain from trying to start in 6th gear so I threw it in manual mode and tried to downshift it myself. No dice. The gear indicator never showed on the dash display so I threw it back in drive and it showed that it was in 3rd. Finally it shifted to 1st and I was on my way. I've been researching about this and it seems to have a TSB related to it. A reflash is needed and/or some parts replaced. Has anyone else experienced this? I have an extended warranty but I'm kind of skeptical if they'll cover it due to my aftermarket tune and pedal commander. I can take the PC and tuner off but there's no way they won't notice the LT headers.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I also have transmission issues your aren't alone. My 13 will stick in 3rd them slam first after a stop. Do you have the TSB? I searched but to no avail

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk