What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New wheels came in
12578-new-wheels.jpg

OOh cant wait to see machined wheels on tuxedo black. Thats gonna be nice

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paid off Night Raptor! Now I can afford my health insurance premium.

There is very little difference between the R1Concepts "Eline" series rotors he installed and the Stoptech rotors. They are both cast from G3000 grade cast iron, both are Zinc coated for corrosion protection (Except the Cryo treated Stoptech, although I can obtain cryo treated rotors from R1 as well if someone wants them.), both have single rows of drilled holes and slots. The bigger difference is seen when installing the R1Concepts Premium/Premier series rotors we offer. They are not cast iron, they are G3500 rated carbon metallic material that is stronger and cools much faster than cast iron. Both of the R1 options have the holes with the beveled edges to help defend against cracking. The Premier series are also coated with a black military grade electrocoat for corrosion protection (I have never seen any of them corrode, ever). Also, the R1Concepts Eline series rotors come with a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturer defect while their Premier series rotors come with a Lifetime limited warranty against manufacturer defect. They have specific rules concerning warranty replacements, but I have been working with them long enough that depending on the customer concern, I can normally have replacement warranty parts shipped within 24-48 hours depending on replacement part availability/stock levels.

Chris Got me a replacement rear rotor covered under warranty on a Friday. A replacement was on my door Tuesday the following week. Thanks again Chris!

Took it to the dealership today for an oil change and have them check the drivetrain and 4x4 to get everything checked over for my baja trip. Report comes back that both my tie rods are loose and recommend to replace soon.

1050c6ec83c3546a94dc4960accffda9.png

I am like, WTF. I have the SDHQ HD Double shear tie rods that are less than a year and I am like no way!

So I go and pickup my truck and ask to talk to the tech and show me the issue. He is at lunch so I wait 30 minutes. He tells me that when he lifted the front and moved the wheel, the inner tie rod is loose and moving up and down. I asked him if he removed the boot to see what was loose. He said no. Shaking my head, I ask him to get the truck up and lets take a look at it together. He does and moves the wheel, sure enough its moving. I get him to remove the boot (just one hose clamp) and he moves the wheel again. Its moving at the rack. I have him move the wheel and show him where to look. He gets a senior tech to give a second opinion. Its obvious I tell them as its moving up and down and side ways in the rack and on both sides! They agree, let's replace the rack.

Talk to my service advisor after the news and he is ordering a replacement rack. Said he will try to get it fully covered under warranty, worst case scenario it will go under my ESP premium warranty.

Got some AMSOIL ATF ordered for the job.

Also had them grease the yoke since I was experiencing the "clank".

Glad it was caught and that I halfway know something to question what was the issue. I was never mechanical before having a Raptor and always trusted what I was told. This raptor has been a blessing in improving my knowledge, the forum with so much help over the years and raptor meets when you get to talk with knowledgeable people. I have never been under a truck more in my life and I actually really enjoy it.
I hope they cover it for you with the aftermarket tie rods. Most have not been lucky.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

Paid off Night Raptor! Now I can afford my health insurance premium.

Chris Got me a replacement rear rotor covered under warranty on a Friday. A replacement was on my door Tuesday the following week. Thanks again Chris!

I hope they cover it for you with the aftermarket tie rods. Most have not been lucky.

Congrats on paying it off, always a good feeling.

I was talking to both techs, the senior tech was telling me that the new rack will come with inner tie rods. I told him I was aware of that and if they will remove those and use my tie rods instead as they are installed, using some red Loctite too. I also mentioned that I will be bringing AMSOIL and he said he had no issue with either. I spoke to my Service Advisor about the aftermarket tie rods and he said he didn't care, I am replacing the rack. Place so far has been really good to me on warranty work but I won't know for sure until I get the bill, right?

I mean he didn't have the paperwork ready just for the stuff today and told me to just take my truck and he will get with me later on payment, no worries.

dingo

Reaction score
IMG_1034_zpsymbuacqp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1032_zpsgbmskgbh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1036_zpszibxp1xo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1037_zpsfupwaktr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took it to Havoc Offroad on Monday to have the front and rear A.D.D. bumpers installed, a 40" RDS Rigid, 20" rigid, 2x10 SD rigid and a pair Duallys for the rear bumper, security nuts and bolts in all of the rigid lights , SPOD SE installed , the gatorback mud flaps and yesterday I added a Viper Smart Start w GPS alarm . Next in 2 months the ADV1 wheels and tires. Merry Christmas!

I have the front bumper and skid plate to sell fast and cheap if interested and able to pick it up. Im located in Ocala,Fl

Last edited: