What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure am. The ford feels too much like a work truck and the dodge... No comment needed.

I've been a gm guy since I was 16. They're treating me well.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked a deal to trade it... Let the flaming begin.

I was approached by numerous salesmen at the ford dealer when picking up some parts offering to buy it, also asking what they would have to do to get me out if it..

Well I told them in order to get me out of my raptor I would only settle for a diesel.. Three scurried off like I was about to shoot them but one whom I used to deal with at a gm location stayed to talk.

She looked over my truck, took some cell phone pictures and told me she would be in touch. Days later, with mixed feelings I got a call from a family friend who owns a gm dealer asking if his manager can contact me, of course.

I'm offered a significant payout for my raptor, I say significant. I'm then offered a denali diesel for the same payments as my raptor and I tell him I will call him back.

I think about my truck. It's 3 years old, 64000km, it's been good to me but its a street queen as I just can't offroad as much as I would like. I did have a head gasket blow, do I trust the dealer did a good job? Not at all. My warranty is done, I will soon need new shocks and only get to one raptor event a year if I'm lucky yet they're 20+ hours away.

I've always had a thing for diesel trucks, I grew up towing heavy loads daily for work and play. My father passed 8 years ago and left me his fully loaded gmc duramax, I sold mine and then quickly learned fresh out of training I couldn't float the cost of his truck at 23 years old and was forced to sell it, I bought a half ton gasser and have wished for a 2500 since.

I figured this was my opportunity to get back as this time next year my raptor will not be worth near as much with the new models around the corner.

I don't regret my decision but the truck will be missed, I love it to death and I've spent countless hours tinkering on the truck and this forum.

I consider you all friends and will troll this forum as I find it very interesting. To all those whom I have met it has been a pleasure!

I had to take this opportunity for personal and sentimental reasons so please don't be too harsh, but yes I'm leaving the raptor community for a 2015 white GMC Denali 2500 HD Duramax.

Truck will be here Tuesday.

Those are very nice trucks, good for you to know when a great deal can't be passed up.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CP RAPTOR, if someone wants to flame you for trading in a vehicle you wanted to get out of and found an out, then they can go **** themselves.

.......should have gotten a Ford though.

Anyways, I went to the dealership to get a checkup and a service. Everything went smoothly. Asked them about the midperch and they said they had no issue doing, but only if an alignment was done as well (which I would have had done anyways). I did however get a laugh when the lady turned my truck on and it picked up my phone and started blaring metal... she looked as though she may have had to change following that!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Worked a deal to trade it... Let the flaming begin.

I was approached by numerous salesmen at the ford dealer when picking up some parts offering to buy it, also asking what they would have to do to get me out if it..

Well I told them in order to get me out of my raptor I would only settle for a diesel.. Three scurried off like I was about to shoot them but one whom I used to deal with at a gm location stayed to talk.

She looked over my truck, took some cell phone pictures and told me she would be in touch. Days later, with mixed feelings I got a call from a family friend who owns a gm dealer asking if his manager can contact me, of course.

I'm offered a significant payout for my raptor, I say significant. I'm then offered a denali diesel for the same payments as my raptor and I tell him I will call him back.

I think about my truck. It's 3 years old, 64000km, it's been good to me but its a street queen as I just can't offroad as much as I would like. I did have a head gasket blow, do I trust the dealer did a good job? Not at all. My warranty is done, I will soon need new shocks and only get to one raptor event a year if I'm lucky yet they're 20+ hours away.

I've always had a thing for diesel trucks, I grew up towing heavy loads daily for work and play. My father passed 8 years ago and left me his fully loaded gmc duramax, I sold mine and then quickly learned fresh out of training I couldn't float the cost of his truck at 23 years old and was forced to sell it, I bought a half ton gasser and have wished for a 2500 since.

I figured this was my opportunity to get back as this time next year my raptor will not be worth near as much with the new models around the corner.

I don't regret my decision but the truck will be missed, I love it to death and I've spent countless hours tinkering on the truck and this forum.

I consider you all friends and will troll this forum as I find it very interesting. To all those whom I have met it has been a pleasure!

I had to take this opportunity for personal and sentimental reasons so please don't be too harsh, but yes I'm leaving the raptor community for a 2015 white GMC Denali 2500 HD Duramax.

Truck will be here Tuesday.

Hey good for you on getting a really good return on your truck. As much as I want to flame you I really can't talk since I did the same thing with my Roush I originally had. Sometimes you just can't pass up a good deal. I did wind up regretting it hence the reason I bought another one. Lol. At least you're still going to stick around on the forum. Just because you no longer have a Raptor doesn't mean you can't hang out on a Raptor forum. Good luck with the new truck and at least post some pics up when you get it.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP RAPTOR can't pass up a great deal! Shows how well Raptors hold value.
I also know what you mean, my Raptor is awesome, but till it I drove diesels since 1985. I do still miss having one. Ahh, the noise, the smoke, the smell, have to drive my tractor for a fix.