What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out how "unthrashed" they are. They still need the Schrader Valve mod, but "I know a guy" for that. Those SVC adjusters have never been gouged out with a screwdriver (by a guy holding a flashlight in his teeth) down in Baja. Theres no sign of barbwire being wrapped around the shock body, (or saltwater corrosion, because someone just HAD TO drive it in the surf), and according to Geiser I can take their Gen 1 coils off the OEM 2.5 Foxes, and use them here, so the coil spring rate matches the Gen 1's steel-body & cast iron V8 weight, plus instead of a perch it now has completely adjustable spring settings. And without the Gen 2's School Bus-sized coils to smack the axle, frame, or anything else expensive.
Its amazing how clean the gen 2 shocks are. I've rebuilt a few sets now and they never need any refinishing. Not sure if they used a different Al or if its the removal of the bare steel retaining clip under the perch but they always look nice. I just wish they were as easy to rebuild as the Gen 1s. Seems like they made some things better and other things worse.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid ******* swollen ******* lug nuts. **** that stupid ******* design.

Ordered some new ones so when I bash these stupid ones off I don't have to worry about putting knackered lug nuts back on.

I guess wheel bearings will wait.
You should get a set of Gorillas, stock lugs are utterly craptastic.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out how "unthrashed" they are. They still need the Schrader Valve mod, but "I know a guy" for that. Those SVC adjusters have never been gouged out with a screwdriver (by a guy holding a flashlight in his teeth) down in Baja. Theres no sign of barbwire being wrapped around the shock body, (or saltwater corrosion, because someone just HAD TO drive it in the surf), and according to Geiser I can take their Gen 1 coils off the OEM 2.5 Foxes, and use them here, so the coil spring rate matches the Gen 1's steel-body & cast iron V8 weight, plus instead of a perch it now has completely adjustable spring settings. And without the Gen 2's School Bus-sized coils to smack the axle, frame, or anything else expensive.
Oh NICE!!! That's exactly what I'm planning; KHC buckets, Gen2's (albeit new from rockauto for essentially the same price as Gen1's) and the Gen1 Geiser springs I already have for the correct (and progressive) spring rate. Thinking I won't need the KHC rear mounts since I have +3 Deavers...

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Stupid ******* swollen ******* lug nuts. **** that stupid ******* design.

Ordered some new ones so when I bash these stupid ones off I don't have to worry about putting knackered lug nuts back on.

I guess wheel bearings will wait.
Been there done that! Discount Tire flared mine out to where a socket would no longer fit, I had to chisel the tin caps off. Replaced with solid Dorman lugs.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh NICE!!! That's exactly what I'm planning; KHC buckets, Gen2's (albeit new from rockauto for essentially the same price as Gen1's) and the Gen1 Geiser springs I already have for the correct (and progressive) spring rate. Thinking I won't need the KHC rear mounts since I have +3 Deavers...
I noticed the brake lines run against the backside of the Driver coil bucket. 20230924_133631.jpg20230924_133618.jpg

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should get a set of Gorillas, stock lugs are utterly craptastic.
Yeah I got aftermarket, not factory ford ones. They're solid one piece so I shouldn't have any issues... My buddy who is a tech says they have 21.5 mm sockets exactly for this situation so I'll order one and see how it works...

Been there done that! Discount Tire flared mine out to where a socket would no longer fit, I had to chisel the tin caps off. Replaced with solid Dorman lugs.
Yeah I am happy with how long the stock ones lasted seeing as its been almost a decade. I hope I dont have to chisel them off, but I knew I was going to hold off on doing any work until the old lugs could just go in the trash!