What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Getting an alignment. Awesome shop, they got me to sit in the driver seat while they make adjustment to dial it in. Got a lifetime at Firestone but not sure I will go back to them with a shop like this. No issues paying someone else differently to do it right.

17e8d5e532c4b54d5fd634552f35b9b6.jpg

Found the driver tie rod was loose at the rack. They took the time to undo the tie rod, take off the heim, got red loctite from Autozone and retighten everything back up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting an alignment. Awesome shop, they got me to sit in the driver seat while they make adjustment to dial it in. Got a lifetime at Firestone but not sure I will go back to them with a shop like this. No issues paying someone else differently to do it right.

17e8d5e532c4b54d5fd634552f35b9b6.jpg

Found the driver tie rod was loose at the rack. They took the time to undo the tie rod, take off the heim, got red loctite from Autozone and retighten everything back up.
Why would not you go back? Seems like they took their time to get it done right?

D

Deleted member 12951

Why would not you go back? Seems like they took their time to get it done right?

I'll be back. I have been getting all my tire work done here on my Raptor and who put on my new wheels. Bought multiple sets of tires here and maintenance on my wife's car for 20 years. Small town local shop. I did bring the whole crew breakfast from McDonalds first thing in the morning to butter them up, they seemed to like that.

Steering wheel going in was a little to 1 o'clock and now its over on 11 o'clock, geez. They said to bring it back before I drive out west and they will get the steering wheel straight.

a30238c029944f3291f3298a7a975d9c.jpg

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consider pedal commander before spending money on gears. you ll be surprised

Never heard of it but I'm not upgrading keeping stock ratio but going Yukon. I'm getting a bad grinding noise at certain speeds. Was told its the pinion. Don't think it's the iwe since it still grinds bad in 4x4. Not so much when the diff is locked.

Edit: just looked it up. Will it matter if I have a SCT tune uploaded?

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be back. I have been getting all my tire work done here on my Raptor and who put on my new wheels. Bought multiple sets of tires here and maintenance on my wife's car for 20 years. Small town local shop. I did bring the whole crew breakfast from McDonalds first thing in the morning to butter them up, they seemed to like that.

Steering wheel going in was a little to 1 o'clock and now its over on 11 o'clock, geez. They said to bring it back before I drive out west and they will get the steering wheel straight.

a30238c029944f3291f3298a7a975d9c.jpg

That is how I get my alignment done! It's all about the guy doing the work the better they are and in tune with what you want and what will work for you application is great.

I go to a shop that allows me to be an active participant in the work being done. It can be a simple as listening to my wishes or even helping to do the work but it is important to me to have a good relationship first then the price is the next thing followed by the results.

I am sure there are great techs at the big tire/repair shops but I have had better luck at the smaller local shops.

Great to hear they had you be part of the process. I hope the end result is as good

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it but I'm not upgrading keeping stock ratio but going Yukon. I'm getting a bad grinding noise at certain speeds. Was told its the pinion. Don't think it's the iwe since it still grinds bad in 4x4. Not so much when the diff is locked.

Edit: just looked it up. Will it matter if I have a SCT tune uploaded?

Just put my Pedal Commander on yesterday and definatley agree, if you are considering 4.56 or 4.88 I would try this first. The tune does not matter at all.