What beam pattern for A Pillar lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
View attachment 346443

Lasers do push a long way, but if you don’t have some long range non-laser lights, put the lasers off. The narrow beam renders them of limited use unless you’re really pushing low lights speed hard and you have enough collateral light to make the lasers give you some extra range.
What light bar do you have the xl’s mounted to in front? That is a sweeet ( expensive) set up you have their ( Im green with Light envy)

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
View attachment 346443

Lasers do push a long way, but if you don’t have some long range non-laser lights, put the lasers off. The narrow beam renders them of limited use unless you’re really pushing low lights speed hard and you have enough collateral light to make the lasers give you some extra range.
Do you have enough light now to negotiate the DUI checkpoint…errr Starbucks Drive through? :anitoof::pepper: My bumper pack is barely enough :(79A77B78-3006-48C9-8F47-57CE35E5F00D.jpegDFE67C8F-63B8-4B8F-8D11-C3FA1356430A.jpeg

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i have 7 squadrons (3 spot/4combo/2 amber combo on a second switch) in the lower bumper (add pro frame cut) and XL80 spot with amber lens.. I find myself using the bumper/high beam headlight more than anything else as its not affected as bad by dust or snow. im not sure how it would look with a 10in laser in the middle of probably 4 squadrons but that might be another route..

I figured the 20in combo would be the best of both near and far zones20210430_134027.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What light bar do you have the xl’s mounted to in front? That is a sweeet ( expensive) set up you have their ( Im green with Light envy)
N-Fab the one without the over arch tube -which blocks a lot of the camera.
There is minor camera blockage with this bar, but minimal without the lights in the way. That’s why I have the LP4’s on the outside.

I find myself using the bumper/high beam headlight more than anything else as its not affected as bad by dust or snow. im not sure how it would look with a 10in laser in the middle of probably 4 squadrons but that might be another route..
It depends. If I’ve gotten in front of the peasants in their peasant mobiles, I rock the big lights. But, if I’ve got someone in front it’s likely a different story. Even a lowly Fiat 500 can throw up a massive dust cloud in Texas. Fortunately, we usually have a lot of wind. Last Friday at the range, I had 30mph --steady-- wind and it was cold as ****. gusts were 45-50mph.
So, when I hot footed it out of there on the LOOOOOOOOONNNNGGG dirt road, I had to hold a pretty respectable clip to stay in front of the dust cloud :)

but yeah, if end up in a dust cloud, I douse the XL, lasers and S8. I’ll try the LP4’s + white squadrons. Plenty of light for about 50-60mph I’d say, but again depends on the scenario.

I think I may get a companion pair of lights for the LP4’s but I don’t -need- more, I just want more.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See pic
<<<<<<

Rigid 6” spots for high speed work.
Not shown are the the 6” fogs.

truck came with the stupid little square rigid lights. Useless.

these 6” units absolutely turn night into day. Even at 100mph, you won’t outdrive those spots.

the fogs are set to illuminate the corners and turns. They are amazing.

what’s the point? not sure, except for,

there are lights, and there are LIGHTS.

dont confuse the two.
:)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
N-Fab the one without the over arch tube -which blocks a lot of the camera.
There is minor camera blockage with this bar, but minimal without the lights in the way. That’s why I have the LP4’s on the outside.

It depends. If I’ve gotten in front of the peasants in their peasant mobiles, I rock the big lights. But, if I’ve got someone in front it’s likely a different story. Even a lowly Fiat 500 can throw up a massive dust cloud in Texas. Fortunately, we usually have a lot of wind. Last Friday at the range, I had 30mph --steady-- wind and it was cold as ****. gusts were 45-50mph.
So, when I hot footed it out of there on the LOOOOOOOOONNNNGGG dirt road, I had to hold a pretty respectable clip to stay in front of the dust cloud :)

but yeah, if end up in a dust cloud, I douse the XL, lasers and S8. I’ll try the LP4’s + white squadrons. Plenty of light for about 50-60mph I’d say, but again depends on the scenario.

I think I may get a companion pair of lights for the LP4’s but I don’t -need- more, I just want more.
Talk about wanting more, my Gen3 should be at dealer Saturday. I was just cleaning my life out of my truck. One year old and the amount of stuff I ”needed” is a joke. You know those USB adapters that go in the 12v adapter? I only have 6 laying in the center console. 10 charging wires. Never know when one can go bad. Geez.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just messaged 4x4led on their site. BD (why do I always almost type BJ? Must need one I guess, but who doesn’t? Lol) doesn’t make the XL80 in spot but they can do it custom by putting the request upon order.

So, I was going to order that and use the LP4 on the bumper but he said there is not yet a bumper mount for the Gen3.