what about the airbags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what kind of cattleguard was that? the ones ive seen are the big iron gates buried in the ground. that must have been expensive to fix. so as long as i dont do that i dont have to worry about airbags.

Rapt

Reaction score
Airbags deployed

has anyone jumped their raptor and have an airbag deploy? at which point does the airbag deploy? i know on cars i think at about 30mph the airbag goes, but jumping the truck certainly puts out more force that that, doesnt it?

Hope this answers your question.. They deployed while cresting a dune (might have skipped a little but no major air)

Attachments

• 20120922_114749.jpg
    20120922_114749.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 77

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the safety canopy to deploy, you would have to land in such a way to cause the angular rate sensor to determine that a rollover is imminent, based on the degree and rate of body roll.

With that being said.. It would also have to been an impact (landing hard) combined with the body roll to cause deployment.

Ford Raptor Rollover almost - YouTube

Here is a Raptor that almost rolled over with no deployment of safety canopy.

-Greg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what kind of cattleguard was that? the ones ive seen are the big iron gates buried in the ground. that must have been expensive to fix. so as long as i dont do that i dont have to worry about airbags.

Take em out! No worries, still safer than your crotch rocket...