Well this is great....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a direct short somewhere, lots of heat fast. Might check the wiring before anything else, just as a precaution.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a direct short somewhere, lots of heat fast. Might check the wiring before anything else, just as a precaution.
nah. its all his fault. he never met up with me for that beer. i could have looked at his truck, pointed it out and prevented this $1 wire fire years ago

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for reference, a shock from a 30amp circuit is enough to stall a pacemaker, or if you’re healthy, shock the living daylights out of you to the point you’ll be shaking for the next 5-10 minutes.
Not at 12 volts. The impedance of the human body is way too high to get that much current from that low of a voltage source. You need high voltage before things get life threatening. Only a mA or so is needed to stop a human heart, but getting that much takes way more than 12V.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not at 12 volts. The impedance of the human body is way too high to get that much current from that low of a voltage source. You need high voltage before things get life threatening. Only a mA or so is needed to stop a human heart, but getting that much takes way more than 12V.

I’ll tell the mechanic I saw get bit this and that he’s a wuss.