GEN 2 Well, like my Gen1 its not much in the mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should of probably stopped by the carwash before pulling that mud-ridden truck into the garage. You got a mess to clean-up out of your garage when you wake up in the morning.

No doubt. I live miles from civilization. I will have to clean this up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

What tires on the Taco?

Rugged Fails, I mean BFG rugged trails.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ko2s also blow in the mud, they do not clear worth a shit. I was on a 13-15 degree mountain side a couple days ago with a couple inches of mud and I started to slide down it sideways because the tires turned into mud discs. Then on the main road there was a couple inches of mud and in 4hi mud mode it just skated all over the place. Ive had a couple sets of duratracs on various Jeeps and never slide around this much so when these ko2s wear out or I buy a new set of rims Ill be going with Duratracs from now on.

Also driving a front heavy truck into mud in 2wd really isnt a recipe for winning.

vU1ndF8.jpg

heTxDX1.jpg

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the tires. Gen 1 sucks in mud, but it's because of the heavy motor/front end. Gen 2 should be awesome with the right tires, but IWE's will be the weak link in the heavy stuff. If mudding is your thing, get better mud tires, stay with 35's. 37's will be too heavy, especially when all mucked up.
I'm in Florida and all we have is mud. My Gen 1 is a pig.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires would help a lot. I like the look of these tires, but they are rock grabbers. Did you try the mud driving mode? Not sure if it would have helped or not.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG All terrains always sucked in the mud as they do not clear well. The pro's are there pretty good all around and quite. My last truck had 34" Duratracs which are a far superior mud / snow tire but are twice as loud on the highway.....still do-able though :) Mickey Thompson MTZ's are nice as well....agressive looking but not super noisy on the highway.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the tires. Gen 1 sucks in mud, but it's because of the heavy motor/front end. Gen 2 should be awesome with the right tires, but IWE's will be the weak link in the heavy stuff. If mudding is your thing, get better mud tires, stay with 35's. 37's will be too heavy, especially when all mucked up.
I'm in Florida and all we have is mud. My Gen 1 is a pig.

Finally, someone speaks the truth. Thank you sir.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

ko2s also blow in the mud, they do not clear worth a shit. I was on a 13-15 degree mountain side a couple days ago with a couple inches of mud and I started to slide down it sideways because the tires turned into mud discs. Then on the main road there was a couple inches of mud and in 4hi mud mode it just skated all over the place. Ive had a couple sets of duratracs on various Jeeps and never slide around this much so when these ko2s wear out or I buy a new set of rims Ill be going with Duratracs from now on.

Also driving a front heavy truck into mud in 2wd really isnt a recipe for winning.

vU1ndF8.jpg

heTxDX1.jpg

Agreed. My truck slides in mud like its on skates.

And for those that say I need to learn how to drive, come to N Texas and I will show you. Confident I can out drive most of you. Shit my 9 year old is an incredible driver. Learned from his dad.
Drag cars, ATVs, Bikes, trucks and tractors we can drive them all well.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but did you try airing down your tires (the pictures look like they are running at full pressure... I could be wrong though)? That should get you more movement in the slop.

I also don't think anybody talked about the locker either, did you try locking the diff to see if you got any more movement in the mud?

I also agree with upgrading your tires to a more aggressive tread, that will help too.

Your backyard looks amazing; I have now added Texas as another place to visit to go wheeling. Good luck with that mud!

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but did you try airing down your tires (the pictures look like they are running at full pressure... I could be wrong though)? That should get you more movement in the slop.

I also don't think anybody talked about the locker either, did you try locking the diff to see if you got any more movement in the mud?

I also agree with upgrading your tires to a more aggressive tread, that will help too.

Your backyard looks amazing; I have now added Texas as another place to visit to go wheeling. Good luck with that mud!

Good points. Im running at 35psi all around. I did not engage the locker. It would have been helpful. I used 4x4 to get out but barely. And then when I got back home I drive through the grass and got stuck again, 2 wheel drive though.

The clay here in N Texas is insane. I have never seen anything like it before. It dries as hard as concrete.