weird noise during hard acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
... I am taking it back next week for them to do some more diagnostics (and they will be supplying me with a loaner vehicle, maybe a new Raptor??? Ya right, lol)

What’s the current odometer reading of your vehicle, scarrjack? Pass it on; I’ll check the available resources.

Kwasi

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@scarrjack nanos use your breaks to help you not lose control. Try the press and hold and see if you still hear it. Have you had the wheel off yet?

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Hi Kwasi,

My odometer is around 65200 kms.

Thanks

Thanks, scarrjack. I'd like to escalate this to the regional customer service manager for your area for further assistance. Please send me a private message with your full name, dealership information, VIN, and best daytime contact number so I can get started.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Brittany

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
... Truck is getting dropped off tomorrow morning for more diagnostics.

Thanks for the update, scarrjack. Please let me know how it goes with the dealer; I'll be awaiting some more info!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Brittany

OP
OP
scarrjack

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I heard from the dealership and they were trying everything to pinpoint the sound. They removed my exhaust and no more whine, put it back on and the sound is back so I guess that noise is coming from my Bola S type exhaust somewhere. I have asked for one of them to show me exactly where/what on the exhaust is the problem when I go there tomorrow morning to pick it up.
I must say that the dealership has been awesome to deal with this entire time, my service advisor set me up with a loaner and has been updating me by phone and email throughout.