Weird Dent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aku Bone

Reaction score
I just bought my Raptor two weeks ago and just yesterday noticed a dent below the front passenger door handle. The picture taken from the back of the truck doesn't show it much, but in the picture taken from the front shows a weird circle shaped dent. I'm wondering if it was caused during manufacturing or by carelessness after I drove the truck off the lot. I usually park away from other vehicles. What are your thoughts?View media item 15472View media item 15473

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal, can't see your pics, but it is common on the edges of each handle, coming down, there is s slight dent.

to post pics inline to your post, hit the red "More Options..." button while creating the post and you should be able to select local files to attach.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really can't see anything wrong in those pics. Can you enlarge and circle the area in question. Nice raptor though.

OP
OP
Aku Bone

Aku Bone

Reaction score
Here's a closeup of the dent. My camera was able to capture the circular defect at that angle. It looks like a paint defect, but it's really a dent. My son ran his hand over the area and said he could feel a flat spot where the circle area is. Not a dent that I am used to seeing. Closeup.jpg

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is not what I was referring too, maybe a paint defect.

I'm no paint expert, so I can't give you definitive answer. I assume you bought it new, if so, I suppose you can see what the dealer says they can do for you.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a closeup of the dent. My camera was able to capture the circular defect at that angle. It looks like a paint defect, but it's really a dent. My son ran his hand over the area and said he could feel a flat spot where the circle area is. Not a dent that I am used to seeing. View attachment 156750
Yeah, that looks a bit defective, some ******* could of hit there elbow there or some big fat cheeseburger gobbling bitch/bastard could of leaned their hand there getting out of their Prius, did you park at a walmart lately?

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar paint issue on my previous Gen 2 (circular defect). I did not have a dent in the area, it was more of a dull spot in the clear coat (rear driver side door, near the handle). I sold the truck before I could take it in to the dealership. Good luck man.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has some deformation in the same location. I noticed it before I bought it. Looked at other Raptors as well as other F150s.... They all had it. Assuming it is a stamping issue during manufacturing.

Ultimately this is just another f150 door. One of hundreds of millions.

I didn't care. I wanted this truck do ******* bad.

... If it was a door ding... That is an all together different issue. Hell to pay!!