Way to handle intercooler condensate buildup problems in 3.5 ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Band Him

He has been banned on F150forum as: Sasquatch77, FRFJimbo, darrylgibbs, 93CobraOH, 02_Lightning and probably a few more usernames I can't think of at the moment. He currently goes by Bravo3eco over there.

Why don't they just Band Him here? He doesn't have a Raptor?

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as i hate to agree with the Sasquatch. My 12 FX4 had this issue and it was water not oil that shut the truck down. But any oil / water hitting a MAF will give you a hell of a time. This is the same reason people do not run oiled CAI. look at the water the guys are poring out of the catch cans.

I run 91 ethanol free or 93 octane and some times when I get on it (raptor) I feel a shutter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
As much as i hate to agree with the Sasquatch. My 12 FX4 had this issue and it was water not oil that shut the truck down. But any oil / water hitting a MAF will give you a hell of a time. This is the same reason people do not run oiled CAI. look at the water the guys are poring out of the catch cans.

I run 91 ethanol free or 93 octane and some times when I get on it (raptor) I feel a shutter.

You will want to add your experience here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/getting-bead-who-has-some-level-engine-hesitation-55851/

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
But any oil / water hitting a MAF will give you a hell of a time

This has been on Ford’s radar since the early 90’s. There is at least one TSB for the Mustang addressing the use of non OEM ‘oiled’ filters fouling the MAS.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You realize that you won't find any moisture in the intercooler when you take it out to inspect, right? The moisture is only produced while driving and it always gets passed through the spark path. Your intercooler is building enough condensate to produce misfire. It is also eating away your spark plugs.

The weep hole WILL solve your problem- guaranteed.

You leaving will solve a lot of problems.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

the water is from condensation of vapor from the hot fumes. Your engine isnt pissing water out the PCV, any water injected into the engine is consumed in the combustion process.

Look at water injection systems.