Way to handle intercooler condensate buildup problems in 3.5 ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weep hole has been done across all of the model years. It has been accepted as the tried and true way to prevent any misfire issues. The folks doing this are also high, medium, and low mileage people. Most will either encounter this early on, or once they hit 40k-50k miles.
I disagree with your thoughts on this.
1. There was never an updated intercooler offered. It was block off plates and tuning which made matters worse. The active shutter system in 15+ helped, but didn't solve.
2. A lack of maintenance or driving habits does not cause the intercooler to build up condensate. Once you understand the root cause of misfire is condensate buildup, you will then understand.
The service record here for the 3.5 ecoboost is really poor. I couldn't find a service department that recommends them. Once you dive in and research the tons of data on this, you will understand.

Serious question, did you go to school?

You keep repeating the same stuff yet we've been telling you the same for months now - there is NOT A SINGLE POST ANYWHERE of anyone doing a weep hole on a 2015 or newer truck - "Ray" from this forum has gone radio silent

Show us 2015 or newer, that's all

We don't care on all your years of experience on your 2011

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty- go dig for them yourself. You disbelievers are absolutely nuts. I am not trying to hurt anyone or anything. Just trying to help out and help you avoid dealer service heartache and disappointment. You will be a happier own just doing this as preventative maintenance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No, here’s the thing - We did go digging for 2015 and later trucks and didn’t find any evidence, we presented you with this information - Baja, me, and other posters, and when confronted, you change the topic.

You have made the assertion, YOU back it up, or admit that you are lying. You keep pointing to older models, and continue to mislead readers here. Stop misleading people and post up evidence of the effect on 2015+ F150s and specifically the 2017+ Raptor. It’s not a big ask.

Numbers show that your false narrative is just untrue and more and more readers are noticing that your postings bear some semblance to a person with symptoms of schizophrenia. Whatever mental illnesses you do have, I sincerely hope you are diagnosed. Regardless, you need to seek out medical attention for your immersion in this alternate reality you have created for yourself. It’s only a short hop from this level of delusion, to harming yourself or others and you need to get medical help before that happens.

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
There is a specific thread here for the engine hesitation/misfire complaints. There is where you should be following.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty- go dig for them yourself. You disbelievers are absolutely nuts. I am not trying to hurt anyone or anything. Just trying to help out and help you avoid dealer service heartache and disappointment. You will be a happier own just doing this as preventative maintenance.

If there are "plenty" for 2015 and newer trucks, why don't you simply post a few? I mean you're here to help us right, why not really help us???

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Where are these Unicorn 2015+ trucks with this burning need for drilling out the CAC?

There are none, because they don’t.