Water in bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the top notch bed cover from Ford when I built , they didn’t install correctly leaving puddles of water entering, after 2 weeks and the dealer recording the damage FORD decided to give me a new cover , the dealer mechanics had no clue how to resolve this and told me it’s just easy if they send a new unit instead of sealing , literally a couple of Millameters of space enough to water leaking, back to the dealer next week. If you get a cover from Ford test it ASAP , make sure it’s all sealed properly.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the top notch bed cover from Ford when I built , they didn’t install correctly leaving puddles of water entering, after 2 weeks and the dealer recording the damage FORD decided to give me a new cover , the dealer mechanics had no clue how to resolve this and told me it’s just easy if they send a new unit instead of sealing , literally a couple of Millameters of space enough to water leaking, back to the dealer next week. If you get a cover from Ford test it ASAP , make sure it’s all sealed properly.
To be honest you are more likely to get water from around tailgate than the cover leaking. I would invest in some tailgate seals

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen a little water build up in the headlights today after I washed it , same seal

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Ford Accessories cover on my 2018. I’m not sure who manufactures it for them, but unless they’ve changed something, they’re far from waterproof. I always had small puddles in the bed after it rained, especially if the truck was parked on a slope.

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This issue is bad , it’s understandable some drops but when you have stream flow a water the tracks are off. It’s mind boggling because Ford mechanic either can I see no gap but the water still flows hard when testing with a garden hose. I will find out next week the outcome if they are going to change the entire unit as they say or some other technical person from the Factory has to look at it first , the dealer don’t even want to deal with fixing it , they want Ford to put a new unit. We shall see.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is it leaking from? I have the Ford (retrax Pro XR) and have no leaking that i can see. Does the bottom of the canister have the drain tubes ran?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I expected an entirely different subject matter in this thread! I was ready to give you guys some of my hard-earned knowledge.

My MX4 lets in a TINY bit of water. Aftermarket gate seals help, a lot, and they also keep a crap ton of dust out of the bed. I was shocked at how much dust got in there when most of my driving is on paved roads. It's not like I'm spending hours on oil field roads.

I got this one and it works great, it takes maybe 20 minutes to install. For $23, it's a no brainer. It's still like new after almost 2 years.

Last edited: