Watching all these videos makes me think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I beg to differ ladies... How many Jen1's ended up like this? :ROFLJest:

Let me break this down for you:

A: You've been here since 2010, but obviously haven't paid attention to important threads.

B: Jumping is not what was causing "Framegate"

C: what WAS causing "Framegate" was owners pushing their trucks too hard and hitting sharp bumps larger than the available compression travel of the shocks. There is only a few inches of compression travel at ride height. This means that the shock has less chance to slow that axle down before it impacts the bumpstop resulting in more force when the axle does impact it.

D: The reason jumping never caused it is because the shocks had the full range of travel to do their jobs 11-12" vs 4-5" at ride height. Therefore they could do a better job of slowing that axle down before it impacted the bump.

Hopefully that helps you out, because...you know....

maxresdefault.jpg

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me break this down for you

:ROFLJest: For someone that's damn near spamming this forum with posts telling others how they shouldn't get butthurt, it sure does seem as though I just ruffled your feathers pretty easily there gal.

PS. Sure does look like this one "flew" and maybe just a smidge bent the frame.

My point was no matter what vehicle you have you can easily tear it up if taking it to extremes and/or not using it for it's intended use, but you go on thinking your Gen1 is the holy grail of jumping vehicles lol. And of course I wanted to stir the pot :biggrin: